Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

daplunk

Old October 18th, 2016, 12:44 AM
Awesome to see today's poll go up today, and understanding the agreements LW have in place with Paizo it's absolutely understandable that there is a Pathfinder focus.

But given data coming from places like 'The ORR Group Industry Report' shows D&D 5e market share is increasing quarter on quarter I feel like we should start our own thread to show what we would be interested in buying.

I think it's safe to assume that there will not be an official license with WOTC until such time that they can see a workable product that will have proven security measures in place to protect their content and LW can provide evidence of a consumer base. (Note: This is just my opinion, i hope I'm incredibly wrong!)

With that in mind I'll just state that all of the official content would be absolutely amazing. I would buy it from RW over any real copies of the book any day.

Outside of that though, if we assume the official content will not be available, what else out there would you be interested in purchasing? Keeping in mind that they will likely be restricted to supporting content based on the OGL. Content specific to the DMsGuild.com would likely not be eligible in alot of cases as there is a separate license associated with selling content on that website.

My list from 3PP would include the following:

My priority for content would be:
  • Monsters and NPCs
  • Fleshed Out Campaign Settings
  • Adventures
  • Rules (Note: Priority of this would increase significantly with a Web View for the players)
  • Player Guides (Classes, etc) (Note: Priority of this would increase significantly with a Web View for the players)

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials

Last edited by daplunk; October 18th, 2016 at 02:18 AM.
daplunk is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
mazzy

Old October 18th, 2016, 07:44 AM
Thanks for starting this thread So my priorities for content would be as follows:
  • Core Rulebooks (PHB, DMG, MM)
  • Campaign Settings
  • Modules/Adventures
  • Adventure & Player Supplements
Keep in mind I'm fairly new to DM'ing so being able to quickly reference a rule without having to open yet another program/pdf/window/etc during prep and play would be a God-send. I'd rather have the full versions of the books, though I'll begrudgingly take the stripped down OGL content and fill in the blanks manually.

As for 3PP, there's a lot of good stuff out there from many different vendors, so I guess it would ultimately depend on what is decided on between WotC and WL. If DMsGuild.com is part of the offerings though that would make me a happy lil DM
mazzy is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old October 18th, 2016, 05:40 PM
As already mentioned somewhere in another thread I'd definitely buy Ravenloft. In 5e the version is named "Curse of Strahd" or something like that.

So far I don't manage rules in RW, and I have no idea what that could make sense for. I use RW solely as a storytelling tool, heavily using structures like plots for the story flow, topics for consistency of my gaming world, and player view to show maps and pictures. I usually create my own monsters as well as NPCs, so no use for them either.

But I will have a close look what the content market is going to offer. Maybe I find something I can include into my campaign, I don't know yet. Any chance there will be german language content? Probably not.

DM: Tol'Uluk - game system independent homebrew world (so far AD&D 2, D&D3.5, Fate, Pathfinder, D&D5)
Tools: RW, CC3+, CD3, DD3, HL
RL: Retired senior IT manager. Now just housewife, grandma and fantasy author.
wurzel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old October 19th, 2016, 12:06 PM
Need
- Shadowrun 3rd Edition or maybe 5th Edition
- Cthulhu
- DSA
in German

Unlikely to happen - I know

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old October 19th, 2016, 12:36 PM
First - beastiaries
1. Monster Manual
2. Tome of Beasts (Kobold Press)
3. Volo's Guide to Monsters

Second - "drop-in" people, places, and adventures
4. Kobold Press's Book of Lairs
5. ENWorld EnSider Articles
6. various npc, merchant, town lists

Third - major published adventure paths:
7. Curse of Straud
8. Storm King's Thunder
9. Others

Third - core rule books
10. DM's Guide
11. Player's Handbook
12. Unearthed Arcana articles

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old October 19th, 2016, 02:08 PM
If Wotc we're to sell a map of Faerun all pinned out with information... I would pay alot for that.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old October 19th, 2016, 02:58 PM
I would be very interested in spells, mobs, and anything recyclable to put into a sandbox.

I would be moderately interested in core rules, supplement rules, unearthed arcana and errata.

I would not be interested in the official modules, adventure paths or the Forgotten Realms setting.
AEIOU is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Ashran

Old October 19th, 2016, 09:31 PM
Well about anything really but if I was to order things:

Settings: A big map, with a lot of pins, that points to smaller regional maps, a complete history, npcs, the works... As for which settings I would love to see those first
* Ravenloft
* Planescape or equivalent
* Forgotten realms stuff
* Dragonlance
* Mystara

After that, all rule books including bestiaries

And then adventures.

Note I would not limits things to 5e, but put everything from older editions as well, especially all the informations from settings not already covered by 5e...
Ashran is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old October 19th, 2016, 10:00 PM
So many license issues with the content we all want

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
mazzy

Old October 21st, 2016, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
So many license issues with the content we all want
Damn legalities!! They ruin everything!!
mazzy is offline   #10 Reply With Quote