Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Piquwee

Old May 9th, 2015, 08:18 AM
Hello,
I updated HL today but now get a pop up that says I can't transfer my license to this computer as it is too soon. It's the same computer without any changes for many months. Now I'm running in Demo Mode. I had HL send me my license number and tried that without any success. Suggestions?

Last edited by Piquwee; May 9th, 2015 at 08:43 AM.
Piquwee is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 9th, 2015, 09:04 AM
Do you have Hero Lab installed on any other computers (and/or iPads)?

If so, on each computer, open Hero Lab, go to the Help menu, and choose "About Hero Lab". There, you can see which license number you have on each of your devices. Make certain that you're not re-using the same license number on more than one computer.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Piquwee

Old May 9th, 2015, 09:13 AM
Single computer. Single license. Nothing new except updating HL.
Piquwee is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 9th, 2015, 12:17 PM
In that case, you'll want to talk to support@wolflair.com, because there's something odd going on if that's occurring and your license number is only used on one computer. They can also reset the waiting period and get you going now.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
Piquwee

Old May 9th, 2015, 01:47 PM
Thanks I'll try that.
Piquwee is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ICTerify

Old May 13th, 2015, 07:33 AM
I had something similar happen to me as well. After updating Pathfinder to 11.4 my computer would not recognize the license that had been installed. I have been using this license on this PC (Surface Pro 2) for the past year and half with no issues. I was able to reactivate it without a problem so I am up and running, but it seem strange that this has happened. There maybe a bug with the update causing this to happen.
ICTerify is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ddaley

Old June 1st, 2015, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICTerify View Post
I had something similar happen to me as well. After updating Pathfinder to 11.4 my computer would not recognize the license that had been installed. I have been using this license on this PC (Surface Pro 2) for the past year and half with no issues. I was able to reactivate it without a problem so I am up and running, but it seem strange that this has happened. There maybe a bug with the update causing this to happen.
I just updated my Hero Lab and am now forced to run in demo mode. Had to submit a request for "early license reassignment" even though I have only ever run this on a single computer. Very annoying. Looks like this has been an issue for at least several weeks.
ddaley is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old June 2nd, 2015, 05:27 AM
This happens to me now every win10 preview build, but a simple support ticket to LW and I am back up and running within a day. I just time my downloads of the new preview to start after my game night, knowing I need an extra day to get HL up.

So far I have never had an issue LW has not solved for me in a reasonable amount of time.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old June 2nd, 2015, 06:47 AM
With the Win10 Builds it has to do with the way Hero Lab sees your computer. That is changing the OS and it would register as a different computer. (That's my guess at least).
AndrewD2 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old June 2nd, 2015, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewD2 View Post
With the Win10 Builds it has to do with the way Hero Lab sees your computer. That is changing the OS and it would register as a different computer. (That's my guess at least).
Funny thing is, it did not happen build 26 all the way to build 122 where it happened the first time. then again with build 130.

Good news is? Aside from an update issue with build 68 that went away with build 7<something>, Hero Lab and Real Works for that matter have been flawless.

I even used Project Spartan (Sorry Microsoft Edge) browser this morning to buy the latest campaign setting pack released for cohorts. All went perfectly. Love this new browser!

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #10 Reply With Quote