Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

dhemery

Old January 16th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBagder View Post
Transferring of items between characters in Pathfinder doesn't seem to be working either.
I was able to transfer items in Pathfinder. I did try to transfer in the wrong direction several times before I got it right.
dhemery is offline   #91 Reply With Quote
TehBagder

Old January 16th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhemery View Post
I was able to transfer items in Pathfinder. I did try to transfer in the wrong direction several times before I got it right.
I've transferred items before with Pathfinder in the Windows version of Hero Lab. I tested this with the portfolio I was using and created a new portfolio as well, and I get the same result. Whenever I use the container and try to GIVE TO HERO, it won't do it. I can drop it to the ground and pick it back up with the same hero, but can't seem to transfert it between the heroes.
TehBagder is offline   #92 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 16th, 2012, 03:50 PM
What's the item you can't transfer? I don't have a Mac copy, but I'd like to try it in a Windows copy.

If the answer is money, that's a known issue in all versions. The workaround is to but a "-Custom Valuable-" for the correct price on one character, transfer that to the other character, and sell it for the correct price there. The other workaround is to subtract money on the journal tab of one character and add the same to the journal tab of the other character.
Mathias is online now   #93 Reply With Quote
mallardduck

Old January 16th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Just installed - kudo's guys, and thanks much. I can almost retire one of my virtual machines now...still need it to run Tex Murphy games :-). Seriously, three cheers!
mallardduck is offline   #94 Reply With Quote
TehBagder

Old January 16th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
What's the item you can't transfer? I don't have a Mac copy, but I'd like to try it in a Windows copy.

If the answer is money, that's a known issue in all versions. The workaround is to but a "-Custom Valuable-" for the correct price on one character, transfer that to the other character, and sell it for the correct price there. The other workaround is to subtract money on the journal tab of one character and add the same to the journal tab of the other character.
It's any item that I try to transfer. I'm going to boot up Parallels and see if I get the same result with the Windows version. This will allow me to see if it's a problem with the portfolio or the settings I'm using.
TehBagder is offline   #95 Reply With Quote
mallardduck

Old January 16th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Here's a new one I think. When outputting to either of the custom sheets for pathfinder from the update menu, the weapon names are missing. I get 'masterwork' but not longbow, and +1 but not keen longsword.

Last edited by mallardduck; January 16th, 2012 at 04:15 PM.
mallardduck is offline   #96 Reply With Quote
knight2142

Old January 16th, 2012, 04:17 PM
I just found a new one...adding curses to armor, the application acts as if the window is open but i can't find it. i think it might be buried under the main hero lab window and i can't access it. i can escape out if it, but thats all.
knight2142 is offline   #97 Reply With Quote
TehBagder

Old January 16th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBagder View Post
It's any item that I try to transfer. I'm going to boot up Parallels and see if I get the same result with the Windows version. This will allow me to see if it's a problem with the portfolio or the settings I'm using.
My copy in Windows transfers items between characters in the same portfolio that the Mac version doesn't allow. This works for new portfolios as well as existing portfolios.
TehBagder is offline   #98 Reply With Quote
Giddoen

Old January 16th, 2012, 05:12 PM
sorry if this has been asked but when will the product be available? I so want to fire up my 2nd lic.

I have faith!...my character sheet says so!
Giddoen is offline   #99 Reply With Quote
TehBagder

Old January 16th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giddoen View Post
sorry if this has been asked but when will the product be available? I so want to fire up my 2nd lic.
It's in beta now. You can use your second licence right now on it here: http://wolflair.com/hero_lab_mac_beta.php
TehBagder is offline   #100 Reply With Quote