Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

akluthe

Old November 17th, 2010, 04:57 PM
I just downloaded and spent most of the day demoing the cortex modules for hero lab. Tonight I took the plunge and purchased. Now, moments later, there is no mention of cortex on the website and I cannot select this as my license activation.

Have you dropped your cortex support?
akluthe is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old November 17th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Are you sure you selceted the Cortex system when you activated the license? Some people choose the wrong system, usually D&D, when they activate it.

If that is a problem HL can change it for you, just let them know about it.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
akluthe

Old November 17th, 2010, 07:05 PM
It happened that I had v3.6e installed as the website that was the latest version. I played around with cortex data set a bit and decided to purchase hero lab. I inspected the license elements and looked into snafus before even trying to activate. I originally tried on the version i had installed and had been demoing. Cortex was in the list for the game sets I could choose to tie to my account. I selected it, went through the rest of the screens and at the end received this error:

Quote:
Error During License Processing

Unrecognized game system selection specified. Please verify that you are using a properly installed copy of the product and try again. If the problem persists, please contact Lone Wolf Development for assistance.
I repeated the process a couple more times with the same result. I uninstalled and downloaded HL3.6e again and installed and had the same thing occur. At this time I started poking around on the website and saw that on 11/17/2010 they had released HL3.6f . I installed this version and cortex is not in the trial or listed in the list for activation to my license. I came the website and there is no longer any mention of cortex anywhere.

???
akluthe is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old November 17th, 2010, 07:46 PM
I do see Cortex on my HL screen, but with the new patch i am having some problems with the license as well.

For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old November 18th, 2010, 04:02 AM
I just did the update and all is good, but I did have my license reset this past monday. IDK if that is the issue or not.
Frodie is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old November 18th, 2010, 05:21 AM
Well the license must have been as tired as I was last night, if seems to be working fine this morning.

Going back to the Cortex issue, when you open HL and select the license menu then select view license, what game system does it list?

chiefweasel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
akluthe

Old November 18th, 2010, 06:27 AM
I did a clean install while having these issues and cortex doesn't appear in the menu even in the demo mode anymore, the activation menu, or the website. It was on the website yesterday morning but now there is absolutely no mention of support for it anywhere. Thats what leads me to believe my issue isn't a license.

Game Systems Supported:

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Mutants & Masterminds
d20 System
Call of Cthulhu
World of Darkness
4th Edition
Savage Worlds
Authoring Kit

Data Files for Supported Games
Name of Update
Version
Updated
Author

4th Edition
V2.5
2010/11/04
Lone Wolf Development

Call of Cthulhu
V1.4
2010/09/18
Lone Wolf Development

d20 System
V3.10
2010/09/18
Lone Wolf Development

Mutants & Masterminds (2nd)
V4.2
2010/09/18
Lone Wolf Development

Mutants & Masterminds (3rd)
V0.3
2010/09/18
Lone Wolf Development

Pathfinder Role-Playing Game
V4.10
2010/10/27
Lone Wolf Development

Savage Worlds with Source
V1.10
2010/09/18
Lone Wolf Development

World of Darkness
V2.19
2010/09/18
Lone Wolf Development
akluthe is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 18th, 2010, 06:57 AM
I can verify that indeed, Cortex is no longer on the Hero Lab page and the direct link doesn't go anywhere. Bizarre... I still have it on my license screen, possibly because the install on this computer hasn't been updated for a good week or so, but attempting to download it tells me that there are no updates available.

{bites lip} I really don't know what to say. I'm not officially part of the Hero Lab development effort and most of the people I know involved with that probably won't be waking up for another hour or two, being that they live on the West Coast. I'll send off an email, but no idea as to when I might get an answer.
Duggan is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old November 18th, 2010, 07:06 AM
I am sure they can send you the .hl file. It must be missing in the download and website for some reason. IDK if we can post the file or not, it will run in demo if you do not have the license, so it should be ok, but IDK if that is a "no no" or not.
Frodie is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 18th, 2010, 07:20 AM
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=11684

Ah... this apparently happened briefly last week and they were able to fix it pretty quickly. Anyhow, I sent emails out to Rob and Colen. Hopefully, we can get this all sorted out fairly quickly.
Duggan is offline   #10 Reply With Quote