Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Doomskull

Old March 23rd, 2016, 05:06 AM
I keep getting a ctd when saving text in a snippet. Both pasting copied text or manually typing text into a text area of a snippet crashes RW. Anyone else experience this and if so how can I fix it? It's making this unusable.
Doomskull is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 23rd, 2016, 05:23 AM
This is something that you need to submit as a bug report to technical support. That's probably the only way you'll get this figured out.

Be sure to submit the crash report when RW gives you the opportunity to do so. And make sure that you identify yourself in the crash reports and reference your crash reports within the support ticket. That way, we can connect them all together as pieces to solving this puzzle.

Here are some important questions to answer within your support ticket...

Are you pasting the same text each time? It's quite possible that the issue has something to do with the text you're pasting.

Does the problem happen when you put text into snippets for any topic? Or just for a particular topic?

These are the sorts of questions for which the answers will greatly help our ability to troubleshoot the problem for you. Feed free to gather as much information as you can to include in your bug report. The more you can localize exactly what is causing the problem, the more quickly we'll be able to get this figured out. The less we've got to go on, the harder it will be.

Thanks in advance for providing as much detail as you can on this!
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Doomskull

Old March 23rd, 2016, 05:35 AM
It was happening for any topic either by copy/paste or just typing text in. All different text and in completely different snippets.

This has been killing me for a week or so but I just solved it (I think). After digging through the forums I found one similar post where "Rebuild Index" button in the "Manage" tab of my realm fixed the issue.
Doomskull is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 23rd, 2016, 12:14 PM
If you needed to rebuild the index, it's possible that there's a bug still lurking deep in the code that you tripped over. Please submit a bug report and provide us with your database, being sure to tell us the solution you used of rebuilding the index. We'll be able to run a diagnostic on your database that will tell us whether you did encounter such a bug. If so, we need to get it fixed.

Thanks!
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote