Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Illydth

Old January 24th, 2014, 08:59 AM
I apologize if this is in the wrong forum/thread. Feel free to berate me or move this or delete at will.

One thing I haven't found a clear answer to: Will Realm Works be a subscription based application (requiring a sub to run) or will it be usable standalone with the possibility of being enhanced through subscription?

The costs are up on the main site, but what I couldn't glean was whether without the cloud service Realm Works was still a usable product.

Thanks for any answer!
Illydth is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
woobyluv

Old January 24th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Unless my understanding is flawed, Realm Works will work offline with a caveat. You will need to register your "Realms" with the server, so that it saves a spot for you should you wish, at some point, to sync your "Realm" to the server to share or whatever. Other than that, you should be able to work completely offline.

For the most part, this is how I want to use it too. I might be in a place without internet or wifi and still want to use Realm Works' full capabilities to host a game or share via LAN. I might have 1 world or 2 that I share via cloud, but that's it.
woobyluv is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Illydth

Old January 24th, 2014, 12:09 PM
My largest concern is whether or not the product is going to require maintaining the $24.99 / 6 month cloud service to continue functioning or if I can decide that I don't do enough cloud sync and can simply purchase the product and run it without a "subscription" component.
Illydth is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Ladyofdragons

Old January 24th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Illydth: yes, you can run it without the cloud subscription. You will be missing out on some of the features (sharing/revealing content with players, syncing between computers, etc), but if you don't need those things then you don't have to keep up your subscription.

-------------------------------------
"...You're going to backstab him with a ballista?"
Ladyofdragons is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
woobyluv

Old January 24th, 2014, 12:21 PM
They have made statements in the past (search for some past threads for more info) that should allay your fears in that regard.

Like I said before, the cloud service isn't something I have much interest in, so buying cloud service, doesn't appeal to me. I'll certainly take advantage of the free 6 months that comes with purchasing Realm Works, but after that, no thanks.
woobyluv is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Illydth

Old January 24th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Thank you for the response!
Illydth is offline   #6 Reply With Quote