Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Colen
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,728

Old February 28th, 2014, 01:57 PM
This thread is now closed - please post your feedback in the new encounter builder thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Colen; March 7th, 2014 at 06:19 PM.
Colen is offline   #1
DMG
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 195

Old March 3rd, 2014, 08:38 PM
Yay, I'm in! But I found a minor one already...

The HL installer file isn't downloading with the .exe extension... Could be confusing to some people.

I'm running a Skype game tonight, so I'm looking forward to giving it a test run.

Cheers,
Jim.
DMG is offline   #2
Colen
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,728

Old March 4th, 2014, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMG View Post
The HL installer file isn't downloading with the .exe extension... Could be confusing to some people.
Can you give me more details on this? Are you getting a 404, or is the file downloading with a different name, or something else? Also, which email client are you using?

Last edited by Colen; March 4th, 2014 at 08:25 AM.
Colen is offline   #3
DMG
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 195

Old March 4th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Can you give me more details on this? Are you getting a 404, or is the file downloading with a different name, or something else? Also, which email client are you using?
I'm using Outlook 365 (version 15?).

The file is downloading as 'hl43b_beta407_win_install' (it's missing the .exe from the end of the filename). Manually renaming the file after downloading works a treat.
DMG is offline   #4
DivingRhino
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3

Old March 3rd, 2014, 09:32 PM
Mac install worked great. Is a nice simple tool.

Couple initial comments
1. I would like to see the regular portfolio screen show the XP, and CR for its contents.
2. There does not seem to be a way to change a creature already in the encounter into an ally or enemy. One might need to do this because they added a creature wrong … OR they just want to see what the CR of their party is!
3. It would be nice if there was an indicator as to whether a member in a portfolio is an ally or an enemy.
DivingRhino is offline   #5
Mathias
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 12,760

Old March 4th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivingRhino View Post
2. There does not seem to be a way to change a creature already in the encounter into an ally or enemy. One might need to do this because they added a creature wrong … OR they just want to see what the CR of their party is!
3. It would be nice if there was an indicator as to whether a member in a portfolio is an ally or an enemy.
2) In the character menu, choose "Configure Hero" - the Enemy/Ally Selector is on that form.

3) From the view menu, choose "Show Tactical Console" - if the picture's on the left, it's an ally, if the picture's on the right, it's an enemy.
Mathias is offline   #6
Michele
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10

Old March 4th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Hi DivingRhino! Thanks for taking the time to check out the new encounter builder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivingRhino View Post
1. I would like to see the regular portfolio screen show the XP, and CR for its contents.
What exactly do you mean by the regular portfolio screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivingRhino View Post
3. It would be nice if there was an indicator as to whether a member in a portfolio is an ally or an enemy.
Thanks for the feedback! We are brainstorming a few ways to make a hero's allegiance more visible. Did you have a particular place in mind?
Michele is offline   #7
Manic Modron
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 22

Old March 3rd, 2014, 10:34 PM
It looks like it will be a great start.

1. Agree with DR above, showing CR and XP would be great. The opening blurb mentions it, but it doesn't seem to be active yet. Also, being able to key in a CR and add critters till the CR is full would be an awesome thing, but I think that was mentioned as part of the end goal.

2. An easier way to sort by type would be very helpful. Searching for "cold" terrain creatures brings up anything with Cold in the text, even if it isn't a mechanical term. Not a big deal since PFSRD.com does that, but I'd like a onestop shop for these things.

Nothing bad has happened so far. Hopefully I'll use it soon and see if anything snaps apart or clicks together.
Manic Modron is offline   #8
Manic Modron
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 22

Old March 3rd, 2014, 10:58 PM
And I know that this is an ambitious thought, but a treasure generator that can print out a list of the loot appropriate for that encounter, this would be sweet.

There are online tools that can do this, but again a one stop shop would be ideal.
Manic Modron is offline   #9
Colen
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,728

Old March 4th, 2014, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Modron View Post
And I know that this is an ambitious thought, but a treasure generator that can print out a list of the loot appropriate for that encounter, this would be sweet.

There are online tools that can do this, but again a one stop shop would be ideal.
A treasure generator is one of those things on our long-term todo list, but out of the scope of this project.
Colen is offline   #10
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.