Paragon

Old May 14th, 2017, 10:35 AM
Thanks, CC.
Paragon is offline   #251 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 14th, 2017, 01:50 PM
BTW - "Journal can't add fractions of money"

This will be in the quick fix. It's a float number now.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #252 Reply With Quote
Save-vs-DM

Old May 14th, 2017, 03:30 PM
I updated my Savage Worlds and now things are CRAZY. I can't get anything to work. Can someone help? Here's a copy of what's popping up:

Quote:
The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Thing 'eqDNBeerBo' - Condition test must occur prior to all rules and eval scripts, including on components (Initialize,2100)
Thing 'eqDNHardLB' - Condition test must occur prior to all rules and eval scripts, including on components (Initialize,2100)
Thing 'eqDNHardLS' - Condition test must occur prior to all rules and eval scripts, including on components (Initialize,2100)
Thing 'eqDNMealAv' - Condition test must occur prior to all rules and eval scripts, including on components (Initialize,2100)
Thing 'eqDNMealCh' - Condition test must occur prior to all rules and eval scripts, including on components (Initialize,2100)
Thing 'eqDNMealFi' - Condition test must occur prior to all rules and eval scripts, including on components (Initialize,2100)
Thing 'eqDNMovieT' - Condition test must occur prior to all rules and eval scripts, including on components (Initialize,2100)
Thing 'eqDNWineBo' - Condition test must occur prior to all rules and eval scripts, including on components (Initialize,2100)
Thing 'eqDNWineGl' - Condition test must occur prior to all rules and eval scripts, including on components (Initialize,2100)
Thing 'eq50Grappl' - Condition test must occur prior to all rules and eval scripts, including on components (Initialize,2100)
Thing 'eq50Quiver' - Condition test must occur prior to all rules and eval scripts, including on components (Initialize,2100)
Also, none of my own custom user sets are appearing anymore, either. And it appears that all my deadlands stuff is gone, too.
Save-vs-DM is offline   #253 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old May 14th, 2017, 03:44 PM
You need to download some updated Setting files. Deadlands Noir and 50 Fathoms are the ones giving you these errors, but there are some others that have been updated as well. If there are any errors in User files, none of them compile.

_
_
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
CapedCrusader is offline   #254 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old May 14th, 2017, 03:48 PM
The way things are named, there's a 2-3 character sequence that represents what type of thing it is ('eq' for equipment in this case) and then two characters representing which Setting it belongs to (DN for Deadlands Noir, 50 for 50 Fathoms). All of the official files follow this convention.

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #255 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old May 14th, 2017, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Save-vs-DM View Post
I updated my Savage Worlds and now things are CRAZY. I can't get anything to work. Can someone help? Here's a copy of what's popping up:

Also, none of my own custom user sets are appearing anymore, either. And it appears that all my deadlands stuff is gone, too.
Please be sure to download ALL of the updates. You need to not only update the Savage Worlds setting but all of the updates settings files as well. As CC noted the errors you are getting appear to be from Deadlands Noir and 50 Fathoms, both of which had important changes which had to be made to them to work correctly with the latest updates to the Savage Worlds setting itself, so be sure to update at LEAST those files, but preferably anything that is listed as new. As he also noted any errors you get will prevent every other setting from loading, which is why you can't see your other settings files, either. Just get the updates and you should be good to go.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #256 Reply With Quote
TomS

Old May 15th, 2017, 04:51 PM
My group is getting ready to start a Deadlands:Reloaded campaign and was looking to use the Hero Labs tool, but noticed an anomaly (at least I think I have...)

When creating a character (human) the bonus Edge that is supposed to be available does not show up. If I go into the configure option and pick the 'Harrowed' option, the bonus edge does become available - but there is an extra Grit point added, which would only come from choosing a Harrowed character - I am trying to build a standard Human.

Is this a tool error or did they remove the bonus human Edge at some point?
TomS is offline   #257 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old May 15th, 2017, 05:07 PM
Are you using the Deadlands: Reloaded setting that is available in the updater? If so it is one of the next things on the list (I think after Interface Zero) to be updated. It's definitely quite out of date and has several issues. I don't remember seeing that issue but I can try to test tomorrow on my other computer but I also don't use a true copy of the official data file for DLR.

I might recommend getting a DLR data file from some of us in the community with unofficial versions, such as Dartnet (I think his is the most complete file) or myself (mine somehow ended up a revision or two behind from the latest version I once had so it's probably not as nice as Dartnet's but it should still be serviceable if you don't need the stuff from Stone and a Hard Place). I recommend sending a PM to Dartnet or myself.

One word of warning about the unofficial files, however. At some point the official version will get updated and if you would prefer to use the official version when it does come out there would be no guarantee that characters made with a fan-made data file will be compatible with the official release. So just something to keep in mind.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #258 Reply With Quote
TomS

Old May 15th, 2017, 05:37 PM
Using the DLR setting in the updater, yes...and double/triple checked for updates, though always possible I missed something. There are a few other odd things I see, if it is 'on the list'. Like Arcane powers don't seem to be limited to certain classes; armor like motorcycle helmets and Kevlar vests are available (a bit anachronistic) - these seem to be in the "Modern" setting, and clearing that as an option removes guns, which is less than helpful.

I will message you and Dartnet as you suggest - thanks!
TomS is offline   #259 Reply With Quote
Save-vs-DM

Old May 15th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
You need to download some updated Setting files. Deadlands Noir and 50 Fathoms are the ones giving you these errors, but there are some others that have been updated as well. If there are any errors in User files, none of them compile.
Thank you!
Though it's weird, none of those settings gave me the little "update needed" warning.
Save-vs-DM is offline   #260 Reply With Quote