Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Acenoid

Old February 15th, 2014, 04:20 AM
Hello!

I'm interested very much in Realm Works and registered already a while ago. Seems that the posting problems have been resolved finally for my account.

- Though I would like to create realms & contents, I am not so much into the cloud services. Is it still possible to share contents with friends / others that are / are not part of the cloud service?
E.g. can we move/copy contents to our local realm works software and import it?

- Will there be an evaluation version available at launch?

- Does realm works offer support for external mods / tools? For example we are playing shadowrun 3 oder the dark eye 4 and both are not supported by any lone wold products, however - if I understand correctly - I can just import / create anything in the realm works system regardless of the pen and paper world I use.

Thanks for all replies and the feedback.
Acenoid is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mmurphy

Old February 15th, 2014, 08:23 AM
I use the cloud sync because I have 3 computers. Sync'ing makes it to were I do not have to remember which computer has the 'official' version on it. I do not think they have posted the prices on the cloud service yet but they have said that you get the first 6 months for free (as a trial).
Mmurphy is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Cornelius

Old February 16th, 2014, 12:56 AM
I have not seen any possibility to share realms without the cloud. The only way I see that can happen is if you create a back up and restore it on another computer. This will of course erase any data on the target computer. But as Mmurphy says I also like that the my 'official' realms are in the cloud and not on one of my computers.

No idea if there will be an evaluation version. Have not heard anything like that.

You can add and change any topic and create a realm that fits your setting. the only external tools currently is the link with Herolab, although both program run separate. So if you click in Realmworks it will open Herolab and not import any data (as far as I understand it. I do not use Herolab so I am not sure).
Cornelius is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
monsterfurby

Old February 16th, 2014, 02:21 AM
As Realm Works is supposed to be functional even without the cloud service (at least that's what I think the devs have said in the past), I strongly assume that offline sharing should be possible.
monsterfurby is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Ladyofdragons

Old February 19th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
Hello!

I'm interested very much in Realm Works and registered already a while ago. Seems that the posting problems have been resolved finally for my account.

- Though I would like to create realms & contents, I am not so much into the cloud services. Is it still possible to share contents with friends / others that are / are not part of the cloud service?
E.g. can we move/copy contents to our local realm works software and import it?
As cornelius mentioned, the only way for you to "share" your realm would be through backup/restore if you choose not to use the cloud.

Quote:
- Will there be an evaluation version available at launch?
No. There are youtube videos if you want to see what RealmWorks can do.

Quote:
- Does realm works offer support for external mods / tools? For example we are playing shadowrun 3 oder the dark eye 4 and both are not supported by any lone wold products, however - if I understand correctly - I can just import / create anything in the realm works system regardless of the pen and paper world I use.
RealmWorks is completely system-agnostic from the ground up, so no extensions for other rulesets will be required.

-------------------------------------
"...You're going to backstab him with a ballista?"
Ladyofdragons is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old February 19th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Hello and thanks for all the answers!
Acenoid is offline   #6 Reply With Quote