Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

daplunk

Old April 17th, 2018, 02:19 AM
From memory the original lineup was StarFinder > Pathfinder > D&D 5e.

Now Pathfinder 2.0 will slot in there somewhere.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #291 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old April 17th, 2018, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjon Smithson View Post
Just as a matter of interest, has there been any suggestions to move any other of the official game systems over to HLO. I realise that Starfinder was the initial game, and this thread is full of speculation about pathfinder/pathfinder2, but what about the others?
From the FAQ: "Q: Will other game systems like Pathfinder and Shadowrun be supported in Hero Lab Online?
A: Absolutely! Once we conquer space, we’ll get to work on bringing the other systems online as well."

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #292 Reply With Quote
LesCoxwell

Old January 25th, 2019, 02:40 AM
Since at least some new games are not going to be made available for HLC but only for HLO, are current HLC users going to be given free or reduced price HLO licences? Also, is HLO going to be set up to be usable offline?
LesCoxwell is offline   #293 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old January 25th, 2019, 02:59 AM
I'm sure it hasn't been stated that new games (excepting Starfinder, and perhaps PF2) won't be available for Classic. Even if it did happen, why should Classic users get free/reduced packages for Online games?
It has been said many times that HLO will have a offline mode to view characters, but not modify them.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #294 Reply With Quote
LesCoxwell

Old January 25th, 2019, 03:23 AM
Since I don't want to use HLO for playing games but for character building, why should I be forced to pay for another licence for something I don't really want? The reason that Starfinder and PF2 have been refused to HLC users is simply because the intention is to develop them for online gaming and not for offline use. It would make sense for Lone Wolf to incentivise HLC users to switch to HLO so they can phase out HLC and concentrate on what seems to be their core business.
LesCoxwell is offline   #295 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 25th, 2019, 12:56 PM
The only discount we've mentioned to date is that when an old system is ported over users will simply incur a minimal one-time replication fee (roughly 20 dollars) to have all the content you own in Classic available in HLO. That way no one has to purchase the books twice. That is, of course, entirely optional.
BJ is offline   #296 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old January 29th, 2019, 11:54 AM
Is this in addition to the 24.99 for the license for PF1 on the Online model?
thaX is offline   #297 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old January 29th, 2019, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaX View Post
Is this in addition to the 24.99 for the license for PF1 on the Online model?
I was just responding to this question this in another post, so this will be easy.

The replication fee will cover everything you own that we have replicated for Hero Lab Online, including core systems.

So if you, say, own the Pathfinder 1 core system, two bestiaries, and Ultimate Equipment and we've replicated those in Hero Lab Online, you will indeed have them in your account.
Rone is offline   #298 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old January 29th, 2019, 02:56 PM
Do you have a list of items you've replicated so far in HLO? If we sign up to HLO and one or more of our packages hasn't been replicated yet, will there be an additional fee when it is?
Krothos is offline   #299 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 29th, 2019, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rone View Post
I was just responding to this question this in another post, so this will be easy.

The replication fee will cover everything you own that we have replicated for Hero Lab Online, including core systems.

So if you, say, own the Pathfinder 1 core system, two bestiaries, and Ultimate Equipment and we've replicated those in Hero Lab Online, you will indeed have them in your account.
Maybe I am just slow to today but what does this mean?

Lets use an example of PF1 comes out and I go to add it to my existing HLO account (I already own Starfinder and PF2). Which of the following are correct:

1) I pay $24.99 for a "new game" and then another $20* bucks on top of that for "converting" for a final price of $44.99?

2) I pay $20* bucks at sign up to get Core, APG, B1 and then when B2, B3, B4 comes out I pay again another $20* bucks?

3) I pay only the $20* bucks for converting everything for a final total cost of $20* with no additional costs in the future to convert data.

Thanks!

* 20 bucks being used as the place holder and I understand this price could change...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #300 Reply With Quote