Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Oracle68

Old July 6th, 2016, 10:01 AM
It appears that something has rendered the above spell from being used any more.

I have the spell memorized but it is greyed out. It will NOT show up in the Spell Tab so it can be listed as cast. It is not available any longer from the Memorize Spells button on the Wizard Tab, even though it is listed in the spell book. It CANNOT be added to the spell book once it is deleted. Oh, I can DELETE the spell, which I did on another copy of the por file.

I have been told, by Lone Wolf, that the spell is part of the "community files" and thus not under the purview of Hero Lab/Lone Wolf. They suggested that I contact the makers of the "community files" but gave me no way to do so. I have contacted Lawful_g via private message to see what he has to say. I have absolutely no clue who makes Bodrin's or Toby's Custom Stuff.

I have included the por file in case it is helpful.

Any advice or thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Ed
Attached Files
File Type: email Draven-messed up.por (159.7 KB, 0 views)

LIVE, LOVE, LEARN
Oracle68 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 6th, 2016, 10:09 AM
Hey, I'm both the hero lab guy who has been in contact with you via support and the user formerly known as Lawful_g. Please allow more than half an hour to respond to support requests.

Long story short, since I was hired by the company I can't do work for the community due to conflict of interest. Sendric is the guy in charge of community stuff, so he'd be the one to PM. Alternately, there is a stickied thread at the top of these forums where you can report bugs with the community stuff. Hope that helps!
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 6th, 2016, 11:35 AM
Yes, this is a Community issue. It was previously reported (you can usually search the forum to find out if someone else has reported such issues) and has been fixed for the next release of the Community set. In the meantime, you can go into the user file "Custom - Obsolete Spells" and remove the tag "Helper.Obsolete" from the spell.
Sendric is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Oracle68

Old July 8th, 2016, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Hey, I'm both the hero lab guy who has been in contact with you via support and the user formerly known as Lawful_g. Please allow more than half an hour to respond to support requests.

Long story short, since I was hired by the company I can't do work for the community due to conflict of interest. Sendric is the guy in charge of community stuff, so he'd be the one to PM. Alternately, there is a stickied thread at the top of these forums where you can report bugs with the community stuff. Hope that helps!
Thanks Aaron. I had forgotten about the Forum when I sent the email.

Let's see what comes up.

Ed

LIVE, LOVE, LEARN
Oracle68 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Oracle68

Old July 8th, 2016, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Yes, this is a Community issue. It was previously reported (you can usually search the forum to find out if someone else has reported such issues) and has been fixed for the next release of the Community set. In the meantime, you can go into the user file "Custom - Obsolete Spells" and remove the tag "Helper.Obsolete" from the spell.
I have absolutely have no desire to do that! Too much work......

If you say it has been fixed for the next release, I'm good with that.

What is the ETA of the next Community Set?

Ed

LIVE, LOVE, LEARN
Oracle68 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Oracle68

Old October 18th, 2016, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
In the meantime, you can go into the user file "Custom - Obsolete Spells" and remove the tag "Helper.Obsolete" from the spell.
I wanted to say thanks for this workaround. My friend and I managed to perform this on my copies of HL and I have REGAINED the use of the spell!

You have my gratitude!

LIVE, LOVE, LEARN
Oracle68 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 18th, 2016, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle68 View Post
I wanted to say thanks for this workaround. My friend and I managed to perform this on my copies of HL and I have REGAINED the use of the spell!

You have my gratitude!
You're welcome. Hopefully we get a new release out soon, but currently no ETA.
Sendric is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old October 18th, 2016, 03:07 PM
I'm Bodrin, by the way.

So if you find anything wrong with Bodrin's stuff, I'd be the guy to ask!

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #8 Reply With Quote