Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Alternity (user-created)

Notices

jbearwillis

Old September 23rd, 2014, 04:33 PM
When you can get around to it, It would be nice if the mutations was working on how many mutation to drawbacks you get. To keep track and throw an error when you go over. Only when you can work it into the schedule. Thanks JBear
jbearwillis is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 25th, 2014, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildmguy View Post
Update:

At the moment, I'm still trying to come back up to speed with how programming HL works. To that end, I have something on the in-play tab for tracking durability but it needs work. At least there is something at the moment.
This requires a bit of fidgeting in the files themselves, as the key pieces are in different files. I was able to reverse engineer it in 2e to get the psionic strength points working so I kind of know how it works. It's just a matter of getting time to crank on it to get it all in place.

One request I will ask for is to add a toggle or selection options into the source options for different campaign settings.
One for generic alternity, and options for Dark Matter, Gamma World, and Star Drive would really be nice. That way we can source items for Gamma World to that setting, and items that are for Star Drive can be sourced to it appropriately.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; September 25th, 2014 at 06:50 PM.
RavenX is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old September 27th, 2014, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
This requires a bit of fidgeting in the files themselves, as the key pieces are in different files. I was able to reverse engineer it in 2e to get the psionic strength points working so I kind of know how it works. It's just a matter of getting time to crank on it to get it all in place.

One request I will ask for is to add a toggle or selection options into the source options for different campaign settings.
One for generic alternity, and options for Dark Matter, Gamma World, and Star Drive would really be nice. That way we can source items for Gamma World to that setting, and items that are for Star Drive can be sourced to it appropriately.
Yep. Still needing more time, I guess, to figure out. I have something, as I said, but I'm just not happy with it. I have it so that you can count up but I'm trying to figure out how to set it so you count down. Then I'm trying to add it so that when they are over half on stuns/wounds, that a marker shows up to remind them of being at penalty. (I'm really lamenting that Alternity didn't name that condition!) I don't know why this has been so hard for me. *sigh*

I love requests!

I think I have this in place in that I have base campaign settings under configure your character. I need to make sure I'm using it as well but I am doing so with the Dark*Matter stuff I enter.

One of the problems, though, is how HL works with regards to replacing things. If I set up a new version of some "thing" and set it to replace a base item, what happens is that it no longer exists as a base item and only exists under the new thing.

For example, if I set up the new description of Psychology in D*M and set it to replace the existing Psychology, then if you don't select D*M, Psychology doesn't even appear! And if you do select D*M, then it appears just fine.

I'm trying to work on that as I enter D*M data to see how I can get something to work.

Thanks!

edg
evildmguy is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old September 27th, 2014, 07:31 PM
For the Psionics tab I just copied everything from the Health components as they were created in the sample file. Wasn't hard, just time consuming, because you'd need four copies and to adjust it so that the health summary displays properly. One thing that would be nice under the optional rules, is to have a setting available for the optional dazing rule for stun and wound damage. It's not optional for mortal damage, but it is for stun and wound. You could easily add that I think.

Also the Optional Rule 2A, 2B, etc. could be renamed so they're a bit obvious as to what is being referenced with them. If I get some free time this month I'll be happy to tinker around with it more and get the data back to you, I just haven't had time to hammer anything out yet.

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old September 29th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Actually, I agree that the dazing rule would be mostly easy. Just haven't done it yet.

I also agree that renaming the rules so they are bit more descriptive would be good.

Thanks!

edg
evildmguy is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old September 29th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildmguy View Post
Actually, I agree that the dazing rule would be mostly easy. Just haven't done it yet.

I also agree that renaming the rules so they are bit more descriptive would be good.

Thanks!

edg
Once I have a little free time I'll get in there and start hacking apart code on the health stuff. I know how complex it is because I've done it for 2e. It's going to take a little time to get 4 copies of it up and running but nothing I can't handle.

RavenX is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old October 5th, 2014, 07:15 PM
Slowed down this weekend due to my anniversary.

Then for my modern supernatural game, modified Dark*Matter, I was looking at creating a vampire character using the old Dragon article. And now I'm not sure how I should implement it? Does it need something special? A template?

This is unfortunately typical of me. I get to something and then get caught up in how I could do it with what I have done or wonder if I should add more to the code to do it a different way.

We should be home next weekend, and hopefully more done then.

edg
evildmguy is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old November 6th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Sent this out to my players for feedback and am still waiting for some.

Once I get that back, I will make any changes needed and at least get something out there.

Sorry it's taking so long.

edg
evildmguy is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old December 1st, 2014, 11:27 AM
I apologize for the long delay for an update, either on the creator or communication.

I have just stalled out on this.

My players aren't using it and I don't use it for NPCs due to my style, so I'm lacking motivation. I'm hoping to do something with it but it's going to take time.

Sorry.

edg
evildmguy is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old December 6th, 2014, 07:51 AM
Its a private project you're not being paid for. There's no reason you should apologize. If one of us is that damn impatient we can just get into the editor or the Authoring Kit and do it ourselves.
Paragon is offline   #20 Reply With Quote