Notices

Seeker1728

Old February 13th, 2016, 02:15 PM
Installed data packs are:
  • Core
  • Data Trails
  • Run Faster
  • Street Grimoire

Attempting to make a Way of the Voice Adept with Silver Tongue Devil. Unable to pick up Silver Tongued Devil due to data entry error in rule set. Requirements are:
  • Way of the voice
  • Initiate
  • Commanding Voice

Problem Source:

The Adept power "Commanding Voice" not present as a possible choice from the list of adept powers.

Because Commanding Voice underwent errata, renamed to Authoritative Tone for Street Grimoire and then listed as Commanding Voice under Stolen Souls. Using the above data sets, as per the rule books, a user should be able to acquire Silver Tongued Devil using that set of books, regardless of naming convention. But due to errata now an additional data pack is necessary in order for HL to synch with what characters should be able to pick up without using Stolen Souls.

Last edited by Seeker1728; February 13th, 2016 at 02:39 PM. Reason: clarity's sake
Seeker1728 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Kiirnodel

Old February 13th, 2016, 05:27 PM
This isn't technically an error on Hero Lab, they are implementing the rules as they are written and changed in the books and errata.

Technically, with the books as they currently stand, without using rules from Stolen Souls, an adept cannot take Silver-Tongued Devil.
Kiirnodel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Polecat

Old February 14th, 2016, 11:46 PM
The character I play each week has MASTER OF THE NINE CHAKRAs and its not in there either, even though I paid for Street Magic and it appears to be done.

Its a real pain with some of the missing adept stuff, and it just seems random what is in there and what isn't.
Polecat is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old February 15th, 2016, 08:18 AM
Kiirnodel is right I'm afraid.
you can thank Catalyst's clustfluck of line management for this.
adzling is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 15th, 2016, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
The character I play each week has MASTER OF THE NINE CHAKRAs and its not in there either, even though I paid for Street Magic and it appears to be done.

Its a real pain with some of the missing adept stuff, and it just seems random what is in there and what isn't.
I'm sorry for missing this, but I just searched my bug tracking system, and "master of the nine chakras" is not listed there anywhere (I also tried "chakras"). So no-one has reported this issue to me yet, so I was not aware of it.

If people don't report bugs to me, you're relying on me to encounter the bug in my own work, or relying on others to play the same sorts of characters as you and pay attention to the same details you do.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Seeker1728

Old February 15th, 2016, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adzling View Post
Kiirnodel is right I'm afraid.
you can thank Catalyst's clustfluck of line management for this.
Adzling sums up the issue succinctly

Quote:
If people don't report bugs to me, you're relying on me to encounter the bug in my own work, or relying on others to play the same sorts of characters as you and pay attention to the same details you do.
That is what I (mistakenly) thought I was doing. But thanks to a discussion with one of my group members (a long time programming team manager) I came to understand what I thought was a bug with HL, was Catalyst's editing decisions requiring certain table structures.

Thus, my apologies Mathias, mine was not a bug, just a frustrating encounter with their editing practices. But at least my misguided gripe called attention to a real bug you can squash.

Thanks for the replies and FWIW, was still a raving fan of HL at the time of my original post.
Seeker1728 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote