Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Jareth Valar

Old November 16th, 2017, 04:30 AM
Looking to make an armor mod that can remove restrictive. I would like this to be a mod so I don't have to make duplicate entries of the armors this could modify.

Looking at the debug field info, i know it is in GrListMod, but i haven't found anything that modifies that in script so i can copy/modify, and don't have the coding knowledge to just make one up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jareth Valar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 16th, 2017, 07:43 AM
What is GrListMod? I just opened the raw data for the Shadowrun files and searched for that text, and I cannot find it.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Jareth Valar

Old November 16th, 2017, 04:11 PM
....I blame dyslexia and lack of sleep. GrModList.

Under the debug fields for the armor, the only place that the Restrictive quality shows other than Naming is associated with GrModList. Unless there i another place to look. I admit that I am learning this as I go from reading others and your posts. Basically followed your instructions to Kessendeja on the Dikote post and found other scripts that did similar and trial and error from there.

OK, doing some digging in other areas I found what I am trying to modify. Found eqRestrict in Bootstraps.

I am looking for a way to add a mod that removes that Bootstrap from the modded item without having to make a separate base item.

Last edited by Jareth Valar; November 16th, 2017 at 06:11 PM.
Jareth Valar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 16th, 2017, 08:38 PM
There is no such thing as deleting something in a script in Hero Lab. Look for ways to de-activate it instead.

Oh, and that gray text in your post is almost invisible.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Jareth Valar

Old November 16th, 2017, 11:24 PM
Sorry, grayed it out because I found out where it was and what it was called after I posted that and didn't think that was pertinent anymore.

As for delete/remove/de-activate. Same end result to me. Mainly the reason I posted, I can't figure out howto de-activate it. I know its name/designation but don't know what script to write or if it would even be handled using eval scripts or some other option.

Basically, to re-phrase, I am looking for help on how to create an armor mod that would de-activate the Restrictive feature on existing armor.
Jareth Valar is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 17th, 2017, 08:56 AM
In the editor, in the Equipment group, go to the Equipment tab. Click the "New (Copy)" button, and choose "Restrictive" as the item to copy. Ignore any messages about not being able to save the copy - you just want to take a quick look, and you won't be saving it.

Once you've got it, click the Eval Script button - what's the first line of both of those scripts? Does that give you a hint as to how to de-activate it? Also, note the timing of both of those scripts, so you make your change before either of them.

Once you're done looking at it, remember to delete the copy.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Jareth Valar

Old November 17th, 2017, 03:57 PM
Never thought to open Restrictive itself. duh.

My first thought to "de-activate" would be to just reverse the formula. But if I did that, how would I limit the mod to only armors with restrictive?
Jareth Valar is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 17th, 2017, 07:29 PM
Can you think of any other mods that require the presence of a different mod? Gridlink Override requires Gridlink, for example.

Here's how you can deactivate that particular mod:

Efects/9000:
Code:
container.child[eqRestrict].activated = 0
Although this will probably work better:

First/10000:
Code:
perform container.child[eqRestrict].assign[Helper.Disable]
It's not as obvious from the code, but behind the scenes, the presence of Helper.Disable will trigger activated to be set to 0 for Restrictive.
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Jareth Valar

Old November 17th, 2017, 09:40 PM
Thank you kind sir...I would never had gotten that.

So, I take it if I want activate it in eval script (I know it would be easier to add the bootstrap, but for educational purposes...) and using the first formula I would change the activated value to = 1?
Jareth Valar is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 17th, 2017, 10:47 PM
Normally, you should let the code behind the scenes control whether activated = 0 or 1, and control that by altering the tags, but yes, you can override that with a script.
Mathias is offline   #10 Reply With Quote