Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

maccwar

Old July 16th, 2007, 05:33 AM
Hi,

I have a problem that 50% of the time AB will fail to open when I launch it on my PC. I get the splash screen but then a windows dialog box pops up sayin that "Army builder has encountered a problem and needs to close ..."

I have tried re-installing but the problem comes back. Any suggestions on what to try next?

FYI this is the latest version of AB3 running on a fully patched (and clean) windows XP box.

Cheers,

Jez
maccwar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 21st, 2007, 12:54 AM
At 06:33 AM 7/16/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
I have a problem that 50% of the time AB will fail to open when I launch it on my PC. I get the splash screen but then a windows dialog box pops up sayin that "Army builder has encountered a problem and needs to close ..."

I have tried re-installing but the problem comes back. Any suggestions on what to try next?

FYI this is the latest version of AB3 running on a fully patched (and clean) windows XP box.
Try re-installing again. However, this time, when you first launch AB, DISABLE the automatic checking for updates when you are prompted to set it. See if that fixes things.

There are a small number of users who have run into this problem. The only explanation we can come up with is that whatever security tool you have installed is intercepting the standard internet access mechanisms built into Windows (which AB uses), and the replaced mechanisms are behaving differently from the official Windows ones. This is giving AB invalid results that it doesn't expect, which in turn is causing AB to crash.

The problem only happens within the background checking that occurs at launch. If you disable the automatic checks, you can manually initiate a check and it should work fine.

Hope this helps....
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
knthrak
Volunteer Data File Author

Old August 3rd, 2007, 02:28 PM
I find when I break something that loading the abexport program seem to fix all the issues with ab.

Ex-maintainer for BFG
knthrak is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
dedrite

Old August 17th, 2007, 03:17 PM
After re-installing AB twice and the reinstalling the wh40k download 3 times, I can't access pass the intro screen once I select wh40k.

I get the following messages:

1 The following errors occurred:

Pre-defined tag groups may not be designated as ‘info’ groups for view output

2 Due to the unexpected error loading the new game system, Army Builder is unable to continue and must exit
dedrite is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
harkan
Volunteer Data File Author

Old August 21st, 2007, 02:08 AM
which version of the 40k file are you trying to install?
harkan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
dedrite

Old August 21st, 2007, 02:52 PM
c:\armybuilderex\download\40k4v1p24b.ab

I reloaded this again and it worked. ??? Differerent luck I guess. Hopefully, it will stay working. Thanks
dedrite is offline   #6 Reply With Quote