Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Madmaxneo

Old July 21st, 2017, 08:17 PM
I am in the process of adding every official magic item to RW for the game I run. There are probably at least a couple hundred separate items to add. I looked at the special item category but there is no way to add items to specific categories. So I turned to general equipment articles. In there I have the primary "contained article" of of HARP magic items, then I have the specific contained articles like: Armor and Shields, Potions, Weapons, etc. Then under each category I have each magic item.
In the process of adding them I realized most of the magic items only have maybe one or two sentences max for their descriptions, so there has to be a better way.

My first idea is to have a contained article for each group like: Armor and Shields, Potions, Weapons, etc. Then create separate snippets for each specific item within that contained article.
That is unless there is a article somewhere that I missed that already contains this that I have not discovered yet.

Does anyone have other ideas for my dilemma?

GM of HARP, Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Dreamchaser, Savage Worlds, and a myriad of other not so well known systems.
Software I use for gaming: Realm Works, Inspiration Pad Pro, Ebon, Aeon Timeline, Scrivener, Syrinscape, Hexagon, Fantasia Archive, OneNote, and a spreadsheet program.
Mapping programs: CC3+, MapForge, Worldographer, Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 10.
Programming experience: Java and Javascript (Maptools and PDF programming).
Madmaxneo is offline   #1 Reply With Quote