Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
vrimage

Old August 19th, 2017, 04:39 AM
Hello again

A few questions about setting up the editor for the gamesystem i am putting together.

First:

the system has some abilities, called talents, and some of those talents are called Threadweaving talents. I can add a it_tagcheck field to the editor to mark the talent as a threadweaving talent. no problem there. Spells are categorized based on these threadweaving talents, so i need a way to chose between these talents in the editor when adding spells to the system, possibly even choosing multiple threadweaving talents.

Let me give an example:
We are adding a spell called Illusionary Fireball, a spell using partly real fire and partly an issusion of fire. This spell would require a character to have both an illusion threadweaving and an elementalism threadweaving.
Those two threadweaving talents have been created in the editor and both marked as treadweaving talents using the tag Helper.IsWeaving

I would like to somehow be able to choose those two talents in the editor when adding a spell.

And please note that any combination and number of threadweaving talents should be possible.

I hope I have made this understandable.

Another thing, and this is not strictly neccesary, but would be nice.
I would like to, if possible, make something resembling pathfinder's editor in regards to selecting abilities. I am talking about some sort of window popping up when pressing a button, allowing me to bootstrap abilities, and simply enter/select a number to specify a requirement, instead of having to use the standard bootstrap window, where I would have to enter a bit longer requirement code each time.

Thank you
vrimage is offline   #1 Reply With Quote