Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Silveras

Old March 25th, 2017, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galymyr View Post
I agree that use of Realm Works is best if you have the book or .pdf to read ahead of time. However, once I've done my read through I shouldn't have to pick that book/.pdf up again as every last bit of info I need to run the adventure should be in Realm Works. Is this not in line with how Paizo thinks I should use their products?
Everything you need to run the adventure is in the Realm... other than Players, GM, dice, rules set, and imagination.

The overland map mentioned is not needed because this mini-adventure doesn't make use of overland travel or random encounters, unless the GM decides to add them. Remember, it is a free adventure for use in demonstration games to let new players try the game out... it is intended from the beginning to follow the KISS philosophy (Keep It Simple, Stupid).

IF a GM wants to include the adventure as part of a larger campaign.. such as the Jade Regent Adventure Path... then the GM is free to do so, and mention is made of where in the world of Golarion the adventure takes place. But that's not necessary to run the adventure at all.

It is unfortunate that the overland map is referred to at all.. but the Realm is just faithfully reproducing the text of the module, and it is not there, either. An argument could be made that a GM note should be attached to that snippet.. something like... "The original printed adventure mentions a map, but there is no such map. The trip should just be described without reference to a map."
Silveras is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old March 25th, 2017, 08:23 AM
The map is in the PDF and is in the realm.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old March 25th, 2017, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
The map is in the PDF and is in the realm.
Right. But there is no link to it where it is mentioned as there should be. The fact that Silveras thinks the map is missing proves the point.
Bidmaron is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old March 25th, 2017, 02:41 PM
In a sense, you're both right .

I just paged through the PDF. There is no overland map in the PDF. The inside front cover has the maps of the adventure area.

There is a fragment of the Inner Sea map in the "About This Adventure" sidebar, which is what I was talking about as helping to place the adventure in Golarion if you choose to use it as part of a larger campaign. The same map appears in the imported data.. in the "We Be Goblins" Storyline Topic holding the various scenes that take place in the Licktoad village.

When I said "there is no overland map", I mean there is no map I would consider an overland adventure map .. that one certainly doesn't seem like one to me.

So, once again, EVERYTHING you need to run the adventure is there. i might quibble with the organization .. I'd have put the "We Be Goblins" Storyline Topic contained under the "We Be Goblins" Source Topic... and I'd have put the scenes that take place in the Licktoad village contained under the village instead of the Storyline Topic, for example. The village and adventure site are not pinned on the map.. and while that's an oversight, it really doesn't matter because there is no need to use that map in the adventure itself.

The entire "overland journey is one paragraph...

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Be Goblins
The journey to the fireworks stash, as indicated on the map, is relatively short—a slog not quite a mile-long through the swamp along the creek’s southern bank. The journey takes only an hour to make. The marsh itself is relatively difficult to navigate, with numerous stretches of deep water that must be skirted and thick tangles of stinging nettles, but the PCs should have only one significant encounter along the way—
Silveras is offline   #24 Reply With Quote