Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Dwayne

Old April 18th, 2013, 01:54 PM
I would like to see all of the feats that are not implemented get finished. Spell Perfection is from the APG and is still not finished. Lots of others too. It would also be nice to have all of the feats and traits that do nothing fixed. I don't bother to even report all the bugs I find anymore since they never get fixed. It would take me hours to fill out the bug reports.
There also needs to be more character info like the character folio gives. That could be something that you sell.
The output limit for text needs to be increased. After 1 column it is cut off.
A list of reported bugs would be nice so everyone does not waste their time filling out bug reports for nothing.
Dwayne is offline   #301
Kaleb

Old April 19th, 2013, 03:17 PM
On the Journal page could you add a running total of all gold earned? This would allow easy tracking of total wealth for GM's in PFS.
Kaleb is offline   #302
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 19th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
On the Journal page could you add a running total of all gold earned? This would allow easy tracking of total wealth for GM's in PFS.
How would this differ from the reports of total gear value and total wealth that are already displayed along the top? Aren't you simply looking for the total of those two numbers?
Mathias is offline   #303
Kaleb

Old April 19th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Mathais, The total gear does not alway reflect your correct total wealth, because to upgrade arms and armor you have to sell the item back at 100% value because the program does not have the ability to tell diffrence between the current price and the ugrade price of the Item.
Kaleb is offline   #304
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 19th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
Mathais, The total gear does not alway reflect your correct total wealth, because to upgrade arms and armor you have to sell the item back at 100% value because the program does not have the ability to tell diffrence between the current price and the ugrade price of the Item.
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean - if you sell something at full price, and use that amount of money as part of another purchase, how could you not end up with a total wealth + gear value that's the same before and after you make the purchase?
Mathias is offline   #305
drakahn99

Old April 20th, 2013, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean - if you sell something at full price, and use that amount of money as part of another purchase, how could you not end up with a total wealth + gear value that's the same before and after you make the purchase?
its cheaper to craft something that if you buy it from an npc, also sell price is not always 100% depending on the gm, also there is always the chance that a thief made away with part of your loots
drakahn99 is offline   #306
Portilis

Old April 20th, 2013, 04:53 AM
Mathias - I think the clarification needed from what I understand of this is that what is wanted is a running total of all earnings based on the current cash plus the actual amount spent on items, rather than the current cash plus the given value.

e.g. if I buy a 20gp value item for 10gp then it will record the 10gp cost, whereas the gear value existing at the moment tracks the 20gp value.

Basically something as a tool for GMs to be able to keep track of where money has been spent and how things have been obtained rather than something for PCs to use as a method of working out how much their gear is worth.
Portilis is offline   #307
Portilis

Old April 20th, 2013, 04:56 AM
That said, personally I'd have thought that actual value of the items was more important to keep an eye on whether someone's personal wealth is getting out of hand than the amount it cost them to get it... the difference might make for interesting consideration though.
Portilis is offline   #308
Maidhc O Casain

Old April 21st, 2013, 09:46 AM
Also, in PFS (and many campaigns) you can only sell items back at 50%. So total current wealth plus gear value won't equal total wealth gained over the course of the character's life.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #309
Moschops

Old April 24th, 2013, 10:55 AM
I've been using Hero Lab to run my session for close to two years now, and have found it to be a tremendous boon. However, there are some changes I would like to make/have made for the tactical console and the main display and would like some insight into how to implement them.

First, I would like to add a stat block tab to the basic display of every character. The summary windows are too narrow, and are arranged in a very unfamiliar and unintuitive way. There are a great many situations where I would prefer to just click over to a stat block. And while I realize I can just generate a stat block and open it in a browser window, my desktop and task manager is already a cluttered mess when I'm running a session. Anything to streamline the process means more encounters per session.

Second, the tactical console's size and shape seems out of whack. Because of the size, it is difficult to display the console and the main window when running an encounter. The information contained in the console is also hard to read at times, and is redundant...all the information is already contained in the Hero containers.

What I'd like to see is a revamp of the tactical console so that it is arranged similar to this:

If the initiative tracker at the top is set up to make the character active in the main editor window as their turn comes around, it would eliminate the need for a lot of the redundant information in the tactical console, and keep everything in one place.

Third, I'd like to be able to apply damage, conditions, and adjustments to a character in the counter simply by right clicking and using a context menu instead of a button that opens another window, etc.

Fourth, I'd like the option to be able to have the tab selected to be persistent or independent (same tab is active when I switch characters, or last tab selected for that character remains active)

Lastly, MASS DAMAGE/HEALING. I would like to be able to apply damage/healing to groups of targets at a time. A sub menu similar to the delete character dialog would do, with a check box to indicate half damage.

I might be able to implement some of this stuff on my own using the editor, but I think that the tactical console, for example, would require recoding on the developer's end.

Thanks again for a great product, and if anyone else has any ideas on how to implement these ideas, please let me know.

Last edited by Moschops; April 24th, 2013 at 10:58 AM.
Moschops is offline   #310
Closed Thread