Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 25th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Hello all,

The v3.1 update for the 4th edition data files, which fixes the problems caused by last week's compendium changes, is now available for download.

IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ:

As of last week, the Compendium NO LONGER INCLUDES complete data for the Essentials classes. If you want to keep your old Essentials data from earlier this month, you should NOT run the downloader for this version, or the powers and abilities for Essentials classes above level 1 will be removed.

There is unfortunately nothing we can do about this until the Compendium is updated with the complete Essentials class information - according to the update post, this could be in the May Compendium update, but likely won't be for at least a month.
Colen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old April 25th, 2011, 10:12 AM
D'oh. But thanks for the notice!

You guys are great with support! I have been impressed! And I don't think you hear that enough, so thanks for being so great!
evildmguy is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 25th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Upsetting but WOTC has botched alot of things in the last few months so this is hardly a surprise to me.

Would it be possible to set up character configuration screen to have a campaign setting selection tab? I was wondering because it would be nice to have the software remove the Divine Power Source and limit the races allowed to ones that are not extinct in Dark Sun. I was also wondering if its possible to have "Roll / Pick ability scores" as the default option when building a new character. My group never uses the array or point buy method, I stuck with the original dice mechanic for dark sun, 4d4+4 so the characters ability scores range from 8 to 20.
RavenX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old April 25th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Is there a way to do the update and still save the Essentials classes above level 1? Or would it just muck up HL files?
I know I want my cake and to eat it too.

Hope you had some Easter time to enjoy Colen, and not all working of HL.
SAbel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old April 27th, 2011, 02:06 PM
All the powers look like they are there in the compendium for the essentials classes.
RavenX is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old May 2nd, 2011, 06:07 PM
Has anyone checked to see if running the DDI still removes the Essentials classes powers above level 1? I have been waiting to run this b/c I do not want to loose the data, there is a con coming up in less than 18 days and I want to have all my toons in order
SAbel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old May 3rd, 2011, 01:00 AM
CON lol. I used to work game rooms in those places. Too much work, too little benefit. Over the years I did it I gained one player for my group. Just not worth it for me. I am eager to get the new Heroes of Shadow though. I want the new data.
RavenX is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old May 9th, 2011, 05:45 PM
RavenX are you going to AnCon by chance? May 20th - the 22nd
SAbel is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old May 9th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Nope. Conventions cut into my groups gaming time, which is currently every friday and saturday. The only con's I would go to are Comic Con International San Diego, or Dragon Con at this point. They are the only ones that have not given me monumental disappointments. Not to mention I'd have to convince the entire group to go with me because they hate missing one weekend of gaming for this stuff.
RavenX is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old May 9th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Interesting... Anime Central is also May 20-22.
cryptoknight is offline   #10 Reply With Quote