Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

thaX

Old September 13th, 2020, 02:15 PM
So.... My email seems to be a problem getting Lonewolf to either use or acknowledge.

I entered two bugs partaining to PF2, but likely effecting all three of the current offereings.

One is the inability to spend EXP (or choosing when to level up). Not sure why it is automatically leveling up characters, but it is annoying as all get out.

the other is the journal entry, as it is not showing up on the top window when updated until you leave the entry and go back into it. One does not know if the entry went in or not until you see it in the list after leaving the individual entry.

I really wish I could see the responses from Lonewolf in my Email. It seems like anyone using Yahoo or the like (or possibly AOL?) simply will not see the auto response or any other correspondence about the entered bugs.
thaX is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 14th, 2020, 01:30 PM
Automatically leveling up characters is due to a configuration setting. Unfortunately, though, I don't remember which one. Please take a look and see if you can spot it. If not, I'll get one of the other devs to get back to you in this thread.

I'll relay the journal behavior to the team and see what they say.

The email problem is that Yahoo instituted some kind of very fringy security mechanism in its email handling logic, and that security does not play nice with the bug tracking system we utilize. We've investigated the problem, and there's nothing we can do about it on our end, short of investing massive time migrating our entire system over to something entirely new. As you can imagine, that's simply not a realistic option right now. If you have access to an email address OTHER than Yahoo, please give that a try.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 15th, 2020, 04:57 AM
As a side note, GMail addresses are free and pretty easy to acquire, and you can make them auto-forward.
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote