Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

LordRagnarok

Old November 23rd, 2005, 04:43 PM
It will only allow me to add one heavy weapon for 4 Wolf Guards in Termie. The codex says you may include 1 heavy weapon for every 3 Wolf Guard, rounding fractions up.. For 4 Wolf Guard that calculates to 1.3 heavy weapons. Since you round up that means 2 heavy weapons for every 4 Wolf Guard.

This is similar to the HQ rule of one HQ for each 750 points. Rounding up. I run a 1850 list. Which calculates to 2.4 HQ units, which I must round up to 3 HQ's. AB calculates this just fine. It should also calculate the heavy weapons. Please make an update to accuratley reflect the Space Wolf capabilities.
LordRagnarok is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dionysus

Old November 23rd, 2005, 06:56 PM
Yes that is correct. 4 Wolf Guard bodyguards should be able to take 2 x Heavy Bolters as one in three models maybe armed with one (rounding fractions up).

Although when you state:

Quote:
Since you round up that means 2 heavy weapons for every 4 Wolf Guard.
...this is incorrect as 8 Wolf Guard bodyguard models (i.e. 2 x 4) would allow you 3 Heavy bolters:

Models 1,2,3 = 1 Heavy Bolter
Models 4,5,6 = 1 Heavy Bolter
Models 7,8 = 1 Heavy Bolter

i.e. one in three models (rounding fractions up) maybe armed with a Heavy Bolter.

With the full retinue of 9 Wolf Guard bodyguards you would thus get 3 x Heavy bolters.

Cheers

Dio
Dionysus is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
LordRagnarok

Old November 23rd, 2005, 07:06 PM
Right, ok so I mistated. But 4 WG can take 2 Heavies is my point and I would like an update to AB so I don't have to use GW's <unmentionable> competing program.
LordRagnarok is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dionysus

Old November 23rd, 2005, 07:24 PM
Hi Ragnarok,

Ooh I wouldn't opt for Games Workshop's 'Armies of the Imperium' Interactive Army Builder as if you do that you'll have far more errors to cope with on your Space Wolves roster than you would find with AB. I should know, I've been using it for one year now and have reported many such errors to the programming team with zero response. The last time a patch came out was back in January so you cannot use it with Tyranids or Black Templars either. They're probably not bringing out any future patches either as a Version 2 maybe in the works.

At least with AB the feedback network when spotting errors is far more interactive and swift.

Cheers

Dio
Dionysus is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Ghaz

Old November 23rd, 2005, 07:54 PM
I don't seem to have a problem giving two heavy weapons to a squad of only four Wolf Guards. You're not trying to add it to a line that consists of more than one Wolf Guard are you? In order for it to work right, you have to add child units of Wolf Guard using the 'Add Unit' option. Otherwise you're giving a heavy weapon to all of the Wolf Guard in the unit.
Ghaz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
LordRagnarok

Old November 24th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Thanks Ghaz I figured it out. No defect! thanks.
LordRagnarok is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
HakujinGrande
Volunteer Data File Author

Old November 25th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Yeah, the workings of the Wolf Guard are a bit counter-intuitive right now, unless you know how to use them. It's on my list of things to clean up a bit.

Space Marine Maintainer for AB3
Battlefleet Gothic Maintainer for AB3
40K: Space Wolves, 13th Company, Grey Knights, Deathwatch
BFG: Space Marine Fleet, Armageddon Fleet, Tau Fleet
HakujinGrande is offline   #7 Reply With Quote