Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Acenoid

Old May 22nd, 2014, 12:32 PM
Hi there!

In Shadowrun it's important to keep real names hidden. How do you handle NPCs that you want to introduce to the game, however their name is completely unkown.

So at the moment I have added a topic as "mrs johnson" and an alias for the real name and fake names the npc is using. I have also added a tag to identify to which quest the Johnson belongs (maybe I should add an identifier too). So the "fake" id's would add and stack up quickly.

However Mrs Johnson is also a bad title in case they just meet the npc for some other reason.

How do you resolve multiple identities? Do you add several topics one for each identity?

I also have a question about relationships. In the tutorial videos I saw that you could see those faces in some kind of graphic. Where do I find it?
Are all relationships created on the current topic only and not pointing back to the topic I'm currently in?

Last edited by Acenoid; May 22nd, 2014 at 04:22 PM.
Acenoid is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old May 22nd, 2014, 04:42 PM
Finished reading the best practices and trying it now with multiple topics.
Also found out that those opinion relationships are one directional and the others are bi-directional.

Thus the main questions are resolved by far.

However Iam concnerned - side characters have already between 2 - 3 identies (like the example from above: 1st topic: "the contractor - Mr Johnson" 2nd topic "Fake identity of Mr Johnson" 3rd topic: "real identity of Mr Johnson"

All 3 topics need slightly different / same information so there is a lot to add.

It would be really good it it would be possible to copy information from one topic to another, after it has been created.
Acenoid is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old May 22nd, 2014, 05:31 PM
I use a Simple Relationship with a note if "is also" to connect separate topics relating different identities of the same character. Each identity topic has only the facts know about that identity. The relationships are revealable, so they stay hidden until the characters learn that two creatures are really one. Admittedly, though, I am not playing in a game where that is a common structure.
Silveras is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old May 25th, 2014, 12:45 PM
There is a discussion that at least in part covers what you are asking about.

Maybe you will find it usefull.

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=49032

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #4 Reply With Quote