Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Cammagno

Old November 13th, 2018, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
You're still asking for something that will inevitably do harm to someone. There is a harmless option available. It may annoy you but its there and it takes literally the same number of mouse clicks or keystrokes. I can see no benefit.
I strongly disagree. The potential problems you are speaking about are there already. The Remove Protection feature is already there, and can break import, as you say, and has a warning about it. The editing features that are not unlocked by removing protection now can't do much more damage (if any at all).
To tell the truth, I think that the best solution will be a three-level protection, one that does not allow any change to global categories (as it is now if you do not remove protection), one that simply enable to add snippets and change the order of the existing ones (this hardly can create problems when exporting / importing, while as it is now, if you remove protection you can) and a third one that make global categories the same as user created ones, with full editing capabilities.
From what you say, it seems that you would like to see the "Remove protection" feature removed at all, or strongly limited, but I'm on the opposite side.
About the "same number of mouse clicks or keystrokes", sorry but this is simply not true. I will be glad to discuss this further, but...[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Further I do not want to derail this topic with this discussion.
No problem about this, it is your topic This was my last post in this topic about this matter.

Quote:
This is for features that are widely desired and this isn't one.
If you say so, I belive you. Still, it's one of my top requests, so I'll open a new topic about this, later in the development process (if there are more widely desired features, they deserv priority).
Cammagno is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old November 17th, 2018, 12:28 PM
I have an addition to the map part:

- the ability to copy pins

My current context: I'm creating a dungeon with different levels of locks. This is pathfinder so correlated with the difficulty check to pick these locks. Now I have around 12 doors with DC 15, 8 with DC 17, 4 with DC 20 and one with DC 22.
As a DM I want to put pins on all the doors with the DC of the lock, put the DC in the GM only section and have the information at hand just by hovering over the door. But this means I have to create 25 pins manually.
Would be great if I could just create 3 different pins and then copy and drag them as I need.
Merion is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old November 18th, 2018, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merion View Post
I have an addition to the map part:

- the ability to copy pins

(...)

Would be great if I could just create 3 different pins and then copy and drag them as I need.
+1

I can see, how this could come in very handy.

Supporting Calendar Campaigner

Tools: Realm Works, Campaign Cartographer 3+ and Add-ons, MapTools
Games: home brew world, Lord of the Rings (CODA), Shadowrun, Earthdawn
Greebo is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old November 19th, 2018, 02:27 PM
@kbs666 are you planning on editing the first post to keep the list up to date? Then I would post further suggestions in this thread instead of opening new ones.

Today I noticed two minor, yet annoying things about the mouseover popup for map pins:

1. no line breaks in GM Directions.
It works for the regular description, but not for the GM Directions field. Makes the important notes hard to read sometimes

2. Popup duration.
It's currently set for 10 sec (I think), which is fine during editing and preparation. But during a game session, I read, I talk to the player, I want to read again, but the popup is gone. So I need to move the mouse back and forth and then read the info I need. This breaks the game flow unnecessarily. I would expect this to be an option under preferences.

That's all for now
Merion is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old November 19th, 2018, 05:14 PM
I'll edit the first post if that's what people want. I would like some consensus on what is desired by the bulk of the forum community though not just put anything posted in the thread into the list. I only put things in my initial list that was requested multiple times or was obviously needed.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old November 23rd, 2018, 01:36 AM
Alright then I just post my suggestions in a seperate thread and if enough people agree with me, you still can add them to your list.
Merion is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 25th, 2018, 02:35 PM
@kbs666, thank you for putting this list together!

Please keep evolving it, ideally by adding new requests to the initial post. This list will hopefully be extremely helpful in the not-too-distant future.
rob is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old November 25th, 2018, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
@kbs666, thank you for putting this list together!

Please keep evolving it, ideally by adding new requests to the initial post. This list will hopefully be extremely helpful in the not-too-distant future.
No problem.

my Realm Works videos
kbs666 is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old November 28th, 2018, 01:31 PM
A couple of things...

One, regarding options for map pins, I believe a prior suggestion for making the linked Topic's icon appear as the map pin was in the works already... but I have no idea if that has been dropped or will appear someday... or whatever.

Second, in regard to topic Icons, I have a thread of specific suggestions (HERE) that people are welcome to add specific suggestions to. There were a few "+1" posts, but even now I don't see any specific requests/suggestions added.
Silveras is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old November 28th, 2018, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
A couple of things...

One, regarding options for map pins, I believe a prior suggestion for making the linked Topic's icon appear as the map pin was in the works already... but I have no idea if that has been dropped or will appear someday... or whatever.
I missed that. Not sure how usefull that would really be. Many city type maps most of the pins point to locations for instance.

Quote:
Second, in regard to topic Icons, I have a thread of specific suggestions (HERE) that people are welcome to add specific suggestions to. There were a few "+1" posts, but even now I don't see any specific requests/suggestions added.
IIRC there was also a feature request to just allow the addition of custom icons. So I merged the two feature requests together. There are several of the points in my list that merge several such feature requests that are very similar into a single point. I think ultimately, just like for map pins, it makes more sense to allow users or creators once the CM goes live to simply add their own rather than relying on LWD to do it.

my Realm Works videos
kbs666 is offline   #20 Reply With Quote