Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Lexin

Send a message via Skype™ to Lexin

Old May 31st, 2017, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greebo View Post
But I fear the frustration on both sides has started to dangerously hamper communications.
This is my feeling, too.

About people who have friended RW on FaceBook - I have, too, but I hardly ever see anything that is posted there. It's probably a glitch from FB's point of view, but it's well frustrating.

--
Lexin

GM from Gwynedd, Wales - seriously old school - playing RPGs since 1980!

Tools: Realm Works, HeroLab, Campaign Cartographer 3+
Lexin is offline   #31
joepacelli

Old May 31st, 2017, 04:42 AM
I also like to commend you on everything you've done with Realm Works so far. and also with Hero Labs which integrates so nicely with RW.

While I'm still a newbie to RW, I still refer back to the Spotlight Series that Liz did, and I've even watched the videos produced by daplunk. Great job.

I just wish the Spotlight Series never stopped.

What would be nice would be a Spotlight Series of what you currently have for the Content Market, just so we can see it in action, and get a feel of what and how it will work.

Yes, it may contain bugs, but I was watching the GenCon 2014 of Realm Works yesterday and there were bugs during this presentation, but it was fine. It highlighted the product.

So a 15 or 30 minute video of one of the LWD team testing the Content Market would let everyone see the light at the end of the tunnel as well as cool down the tempers I feel.

That's just my 2 cents.

Thanks
Joe
joepacelli is offline   #32
MNBlockHead

Old May 31st, 2017, 08:19 PM
The spotlight series would be sapping much needed resources from more important priorities is my guess. BJ is their one-man marketing team and everyone else needs to focus on development.

There are, however, some excellent fan-made video series that are available. Perhaps given trusted volunteers (members of the Gray Council, or those who have been working with publishers on converting content to the content market) beta access and incentivizing them to make videos. Perhaps X number of player licenses for making a video that LWD gets to vet first?

On the other hand, hopefully the CM is so close to being released that all of that is not necessary.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #33
daplunk

Old May 31st, 2017, 08:39 PM
LWD and I have had a few discussions about the videos I've made. They know if they want a specific video that they only have to ask. The same goes for everyone, if there's a specific video you want to see just yell out. As long as its achievable I'll do it.

I even moved my computer the other night so I can record without waking up the baby based on feedback that the audio is too low for some people. This way if I have to speak up now I only wake the wife

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #34
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 1st, 2017, 01:56 PM
BJ's duties go all over the place and there just isn't time for new videos right now.

I have shared Daplunk's videos before in our news posts but they're easy enough to find as many of his and other videos are posted in the Realm Works in Action forum I created.

In regards to Facebook, you have to choose to see all our posts. You can do that by selecting "Following" and then "See First". Hope that helps!
BJ is offline   #35
Closed Thread