Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

kbs666

Old March 3rd, 2018, 04:36 AM
I frequently use views when editing a specific part of a large realm. This saves a lot of scrolling. However when you use the create dialogue to create a new topic, at least when used from the map pin interface which is what I'm doing now, allow assignment to a view. The option is there but disabled.

Can that be turned on? It would make my life much easier.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old March 3rd, 2018, 10:18 PM
I am not sure where you are when attempting this.

In a smart map topic I have no way to quick create a topic (or at least I haven't found out how).

But if I am in a normal topic and use CTRL+Q to quick create a new topic, I get teh Create New Content Element window which to its right has a Views box. It does indeed seem to be greyed out but if I click the dropdown arrow to the right I am presented with my various views and may choose one (or more) of these. The new topic will then be assigned to the chosen view(s) as well.

I am probably completely misunderstanding what you are saying, so my apologies.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old March 4th, 2018, 06:45 AM
Hmmm.

When I add a pin to a map I usually go through that process to get to the quick create dialog. I see the option is greyed out and never mess with it. I'll have to try and see what happens if I do.

my Realm Works videos
kbs666 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old March 4th, 2018, 05:47 PM
OK, if you do click the greyed out world almanac control you can choose your other views and the new topic does get created in that view. Not the most intuitive control ever. Greyed out universally means disabled. I have no idea what its supposed to mean here.

my Realm Works videos
kbs666 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old March 5th, 2018, 07:37 AM
I think it is a mistake - it should not have been grayed out - especially since it works.

Well, as long as it works.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old March 5th, 2018, 07:39 AM
Well that sounds silly! Thanks for pointing this out guys, I usually avoid greyed out drop downs too lol
ErinRigh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote