Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Daramar

Old March 29th, 2017, 02:43 PM
Hi all,

First post ever!!

So I'm trying to make a Druid (lvl 7)with a Dire Tiger companion in Pathfinder (not PFS), but Hero Lab isn't letting me.

1. I have all 5 bestiary packs and they have been loaded, I re loaded my License, and all 5 bestiary boxes are checked for this character.
2. My druid CAN wild shape into a Dire Tiger, and all the correct info about attacks, damage, and size show up when I'm shifted, so the Dire Tiger info is in my Hero Labs somewhere.
3. When I go to choose my Companion, Dire Tiger is not in the list. Not even there but grayed out...just not there.

Is there some rule that I don't know about that says Druids can't have a Dire Tiger? Any reason anybody knows of why Hero Labs won't let me have the fuzzy little buddy of my choice?
Daramar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 29th, 2017, 02:55 PM
What book are the dire tiger stats you're trying to implement from? Remember, this is the animal companion stats, not the regular race stats - animal companions have different rules.

The only cat options I'm aware of in Hero Lab are "Cat, big (lion, tiger)" and "cat, small (cheetah, leopard)", both from the core rulebook (pg. 54). In Hero Lab, we've implemented each of the listed races as its own, separate option.

The regular race for dire tigers is on pg. 265 of Bestiary 1, but there's no animal companion stats on that page.

So I'm not aware of any options in the rules that give a druid the option to take a dire tiger.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old March 29th, 2017, 08:00 PM
Given that Paizo says in Bestiary 5 to use the Core Book bear animal companion statistics for a Dire Polar Bear Companion, you probably just want to use the Tiger animal companion option and call it a Dire Tiger.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old March 30th, 2017, 04:15 AM
If you have access to the FGG - Tome of Horrors under the GM section you can get the dire template from it and should be able to add that to which ever animal companion you get. If not you can coded a dire template or dire tiger in yourself.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Daramar

Old March 30th, 2017, 02:41 PM
I think the easiest way to go will be to just use generic tiger and in game describe it as a "Dire Tiger".

Thanks all for the suggestions!
Daramar is offline   #5 Reply With Quote