Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Aaron

Old March 17th, 2017, 03:09 PM
Oh, hmm, no, rather it is that the spells in the prayer book are showing alongside your memorized spells.
Aaron is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 17th, 2017, 03:13 PM
Aaaand there are dupes if you have a spell in the prayer book and memorized at the same time. Y'know, I think I can probably make it so that the "Spells in Spellbook" dossier shows if you have a prayer or meditation book on the character, that probably wouldn't be hard. And at the same time maybe I can clean up the normal spells Dossier not to show the prayer book spells.
Aaron is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 17th, 2017, 03:15 PM
This has been your "watch Aaron ramble to himself in an empty thread" hour. Thank you very much everybody! I'll be here all week!
Aaron is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 17th, 2017, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
This has been your "watch Aaron ramble to himself in an empty thread" hour. Thank you very much everybody! I'll be here all week!
Stream of conscious!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old March 17th, 2017, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Thank you for the laugh out loud moment but it really looks like you have a good idea of what I am looking for and an idea of how to progress. Are you creating a new item called a prayer book? If so keep in mind that this feature could be useful on all spellcasting classes that dont currently have a spell book. If you want I can post PDF examples of the Witch vs Cleric spell output differences that I was referring to.
Minous is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 17th, 2017, 04:10 PM
Nah, prayer books/meditation books are existing gear items from the book "arcane anthology". They function the same way as spellbooks (holding spells and whatnot), and your cleric can optionally consult them when prepping spells, in order to gain the benefit of the book's preparation ritual.

I'll just be tweaking them so they make the appropriate print option for spellbooks appear and list the spells inside themselves there. It's already done, I think, though it didn't make it in time for today's release, sorry.
Aaron is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old March 18th, 2017, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Nah, prayer books/meditation books are existing gear items from the book "arcane anthology". They function the same way as spellbooks (holding spells and whatnot), and your cleric can optionally consult them when prepping spells, in order to gain the benefit of the book's preparation ritual.

I'll just be tweaking them so they make the appropriate print option for spellbooks appear and list the spells inside themselves there. It's already done, I think, though it didn't make it in time for today's release, sorry.
Thanks. I realized what you where talking about shortly after making that post. I pulled up one of my characters but couldnt find the item. Turns out that the character was configured for PFS Core, thus all the other stuff wasnt appearing.

Any ETA on when Ill be able to get my hands on that update? Oh and can you enable them to select other classes? right now you cannot pick a Cleric as a valid class. (Would be useful in spell list filtering)
Minous is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 19th, 2017, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
Thanks. I realized what you where talking about shortly after making that post. I pulled up one of my characters but couldnt find the item. Turns out that the character was configured for PFS Core, thus all the other stuff wasnt appearing.

Any ETA on when Ill be able to get my hands on that update? Oh and can you enable them to select other classes? right now you cannot pick a Cleric as a valid class. (Would be useful in spell list filtering)
It relies on some tag definitions and live expressions, so you'll have to wait for the official release around the end of the month, sorry. For the 2nd question, no-can-do, that selector is for which class the book is associated with and should be able to mem spells from it, it's not really related to filtering. And just type in "Cleric" to the filter bar and that'll do for you anyway.
Aaron is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old March 19th, 2017, 03:20 PM
Having a class filter would be nice so that you can do a multi term search. IE cleric spells with no SR, a given term or school.
Minous is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 20th, 2017, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
Having a class filter would be nice so that you can do a multi term search. IE cleric spells with no SR, a given term or school.
I too, wish we had some more powerful search stuff, but alas that's more than I am qualified to do.
Aaron is offline   #20 Reply With Quote