Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

BobStumpp

Old November 9th, 2018, 06:12 PM
Looking through Xanathar's Guide, I noticed that many Classes have specialty items associated with them for character development, such as the Wizard's Ambitions and Eccentricity, or the Warlock's Patron Attitudes, and Special Terms. Even some sub-classes have them such as the Sorcerer's Shadow Magic origin has the Shadow Quirks.

I have been looking but I can't seem to find any way to add these into Hero Lab. I think they would be a great addition, but I don't see any way to add them. Can it be done? Any ideas on how to do it? I am not great with the Hero Lab scripting language, but I have done some, and would be interested in giving it a shot, if I could figure out even where to begin.

- Bob
BobStumpp is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old November 10th, 2018, 11:05 AM
The only easy way to add these onto a character today would be to roll them manually and add them to your Background Details on the Personal tab.

Adding them as a feature on HL that would show up on a printout correctly would require some thought and research. Where should they appear, in backgrounds or as part of the subclass information?

One way to do it might be to simply add them in as bonds, traits, ideals or flaws that can be selected from any background, although you would probably want to put a script on them that made them a free choice basically.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
BobStumpp

Old November 10th, 2018, 12:42 PM
Okay, seems reasonable, and just adding them to the background page as a manual roll and write will work. Just thought, it would be in the nice to have area....
BobStumpp is offline   #3 Reply With Quote