Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Trellinane

Old October 31st, 2018, 09:40 AM
Hello,

I could not find anything newer on this request in the forum after February or so of 2017. Has there been any movement on this topic? There seem to be promises for a lot of features coming that are already in the manuals and tutorials. However, when I see posts back nearly two years ago asking about and then they are still not implemented its a little concerning for me. I bought a product based on the idea that certain features were either present or coming soon but that does not seem to be the case. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.
Trellinane is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old October 31st, 2018, 11:36 AM
There's been no (released) movement in the entire product for a while now. I recommend reading through the threads in the Realm Works Discussion forum for information about the various development issues and current progress.

Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old October 31st, 2018, 12:04 PM
Welcome

TLTR: The primary RW Dev has been really sick for quite some time. He has just started to recover and we are seeing progress in the RW Development again.

His current focus is fixing some outstanding issues with the program and improving the foundation of the application. Moving to 64 bit for example. Post that we would expect to see traction on the Content Market.

There's been no news on the Calendar side of things for a while. But as someone who analyses what the Devs do quite closely its apparent to me that the reasoning for that is the Calendar is a feature to be built upon a completed foundation. Robs not happy with the foundation yet and putting all effort into perfecting that before he commences work on the pretty things.

So at this time, its a space to watch.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old November 1st, 2018, 02:54 AM
The problem with the custom calendar - as far as I understood it - is mostly a user interface one. All else seems to be in place. Some time ago BJ said something along the lines of the custom calendar GUI needing up to one month of additional development work.

In his latest dev update rob (the owner and primary dev) did confirm that they are working on the user interface, but that seems to mostly concern the problems with multiple tabs open.
And, as daplunk said, at the moment rob concentrates on delivering a rock-solid foundation.

So, yeah, they are working on it, but we will probably have to wait (another) while.

Supporting Calendar Campaigner

Tools: Realm Works, Campaign Cartographer 3+ and Add-ons, MapTools
Games: home brew world, Lord of the Rings (CODA), Shadowrun, Earthdawn
Greebo is offline   #4 Reply With Quote