Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SeeleyOne

Old August 21st, 2014, 07:37 PM
Replaces can be helpful, but you have to know when to use them. From my experience they are good to use when you want to change some things and have it apply to any character or creature that you open up. NEVER put a source on a replaces, unless it is the same source as the original. If you open up something that has an item that has been replaced but not the source it will cause errors.

I used replaces for Mutants and Masterminds as I changed the costs of the powers. I did that when I first started using Hero Lab (it was the first game system that I got with it). Now I might see if I can change the cost with a mechanic if that is all that I want to change.

Mechanics are cool. They let you create mods without editing every little thing. Put a source on a mod and it only applies to a given setting.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old August 21st, 2014, 07:41 PM
I have not tried them for Savage Worlds yet, but at least in Pathfinder you can add on to the description text with #appenddesc and you can change what something is called with amendthing

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=49026

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Myridden

Old August 22nd, 2014, 06:24 AM
Oops - first I said Hidden - I meant Preclude. I don't have anything on the hidden tab, but everything I've made a setting specific duplicate of is on preclude.

Actually I do think the changes to skills could be handled through a description addition - (i.e. Stealth adds rules for poisoning someone to the otherwise standard description.)

I'll look into it - thanks for the suggestions!
Myridden is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 26th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Generally, you shouldn't use replace. It's functionality is there for a different reason (which eludes me at the moment). However, from a Setting standpoint it shouldn't be used.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is online now   #24 Reply With Quote