Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Beastttt

Old February 24th, 2010, 10:16 PM
just wondering if both the superhero and fantasy companion content will be added to Hero Lab
Beastttt is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 3rd, 2010, 12:43 PM
I haven't had the chance to even look at that material yet, so I don't know what's involved. Are there new character creation mechanics introduced?
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 3rd, 2010, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
I haven't had the chance to even look at that material yet, so I don't know what's involved. Are there new character creation mechanics introduced?
Yes in the Superheros one.
dartnet is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Beastttt

Old March 7th, 2010, 11:07 PM
there is stuff in the fantasy companion that is not in the program
Beastttt is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Basilforth

Send a message via Yahoo to Basilforth

Old March 9th, 2010, 05:13 AM
there are new skills, edges, spells and stuff in the Fantasy Companion. Don't think that there are any new mechanics.
Basilforth is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Kiros

Old March 9th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilforth View Post
there are new skills, edges, spells and stuff in the Fantasy Companion. Don't think that there are any new mechanics.
I just purchased Hero Lab today, and took a stab at adding the Fantasy Companion support. I have to say I'm struggling a bit. Is there any chance that the authors of Hero Lab are working on supporting the Fantasy Companion?

Kiros

Last edited by Kiros; March 9th, 2010 at 05:09 PM.
Kiros is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 10th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Many of the different Savage Settings are created by authors *other* than Pinnacle/GWG, so we need to establish completely separate agreements to add their content. That's simply impractical, so we've implemented some of the mechanics of a few settings to make it possible to add the content properly.

I haven't had a chance to look at the Companion books, and I don't even know if they are official Pinnacle/GWG products or third-party supplements. If the former, we can talk to Shane about including them under our current license.

As for struggling a bit with adding the content, please outline the problems you're encountering and we'll do our best to get you over the initial hurdles. I noticed a separate post that may be exactly this, so I'll check it in a minute and hopefully get you the answers you need.
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
texaspoet

Old May 22nd, 2010, 01:34 PM
The companions ARE official books from peginc.

The superpowers one would be with a new mechanic, that differs from the book. Basically, every super hero has an Arcane Background: Super Powers that gives them 10 Power Points to buy Super Powers with. They can also take an additional Major Hindrance to gain 5 more Power Points. They can also purchase Power Points as an Edge one time per Rank. At novice,this means they can buy it with their Free Edge OR one of their Hindrance Edges OR with one of their 'level ups' at 5/10/15, BUT not multiple times (i.e. use their free Edge for PP and one of their level ups for PP). In other words, the most PP a Novice character can get for powers is 20.

Powers have different costs. Their is a base cost for a Super Power. There are 'super power' adders that add some points to the base cost. There are 'super power hindrances' that subtract from the cost. There are also things like 'switchable' which lets you buy a base power for a certain amount, and then another power for 1/3 cost which can alternate being 'turned on' with the first power. There are device or focus type modifiers, that make powers cheaper if they are obtained from some item.

There are a lot of different modifiers that require a section of their own to make work for the Super Powers Companion. It would be AWESOME if my Herolab worked to make that so.

Cheers,
Texaspoet!
texaspoet is offline   #8 Reply With Quote