Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Monteparnas

Old August 17th, 2017, 07:13 AM
Ok. It is homebrew, so I'll create a thread explaining the content, and maybe linking the archive. Thank you.
Monteparnas is offline   #771 Reply With Quote
Stormcrow

Old August 24th, 2017, 07:46 AM
looking at adding the berserker from deities and demigods with a few changes to make it relevant to 3.5, but the thing I'm having the most issue with is the beast form ability which I was thinking of duplicating the lycanthrope template for the appropriate animals and removing the whole curse thing and then bootstraping it as the class ability but I have no clue how to make it happen even though I have it figured out on paper. Then as a side note I was considering adding the other lycanthrope templates but run into essentially the same issue
Stormcrow is offline   #772 Reply With Quote
LoneWolf6155

Old August 27th, 2017, 05:31 PM
I was wondering if there was anything I could do to help out. I am not good at coding but I do have the augmentation crystals from MiC and I could do some other wondrous items.
LoneWolf6155 is offline   #773 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 28th, 2017, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf6155 View Post
I was wondering if there was anything I could do to help out. I am not good at coding but I do have the augmentation crystals from MiC and I could do some other wondrous items.
There's always more that can be done. You can send me anything you've done at sendric [at] gmail [dot] com.

Be sure to check the top post of this thread to see what changes are done for the next release:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=20757
Sendric is online now   #774 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 21st, 2017, 03:58 AM
[redacted]

Last edited by Sendric; October 4th, 2017 at 03:08 AM.
Sendric is online now   #775 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 3rd, 2017, 03:46 AM
Release 1.20 - October 2nd, 2017

Enhancements & Changes
  • 3.0 - Book of Vile Darkness: Updated all spells and domains to meet new standards. Obsoleted old spells. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Complete Adventurer: Obsoleted old spells. Updated Vigilante spell list. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Complete Arcane: Obtain Familiar now allows user to select which class gets the familiar. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Complete Arcane: Updated Warmage and Wu Jen spell lists; obsoleted old spells. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Complete Champion: Spiritual Connection class variant now provides SLA's in Spells tab and properly tracks their usage. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Dungeonscape: Factotum improved to have all skills as class skills, including any new skills that get added in the future or by users. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Fiendish Codex 2: Hellfire Warlock was sometimes removing the ability to select Invocations. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Frostburn: Updated Winter domain and obsoleted old domain spells. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Heroes of Horror: Added notes to the Corruption and Depravity adjustments to indicate users should turn on the Tainted condition to receive the full benefits. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Players Handbook 1: Obsoleted all remaining replacement spells. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Races of the Dragon: Added script to Draconic Legacy which adds spells to Sorcerer spell list based on chosen dragon type. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Spell Compendium: Transferred domains to this file, updated them to match new format. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Tome of Magic: Shadow Familiar now grants the Shadowcaster a familiar. Users will need to add the Dark Template manually. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Tome of Magic: Shadowcasters can now substitute their ability to cast 2nd-level mysteries for one of the spellcasting requirements for Mystic Theurge. Note: Characters must qualify for at least one spellcasting requirement before replacing the other with this ability. (Sendric)
  • Custom - Core Book Mods: Added a new version of Smite Evil which assigns appropriate User tags for use with pre-reqs. (Sendric)
  • Custom - Sources: Added new source tags for Corruption and Sanctified spells. Users will need to select these sources before spells of these types will appear in character spell list. (Sendric)
  • DL - Campaign Setting: Added description and type specials to Fetch race. (Sendric)
  • Various - Updated references to obsolete spells. (Sendric)
  • Various - Added spells to Spellthief spell list. (Sendric)

Bug Fixes
  • 3.5 - Book of Exalted Deeds: Sword of Righteousness and Fist of Raziel PrC's were popping errors due to errant SpecSource tags being applied to the class helper things. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Complete Arcane: The Warlock class' Detect Magic at-will ability was appearing on the Background tab under Racial Abilities. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Complete Arcane: Sublime Chord was popping an error when selected if Bardic Music wasn't already on the character. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Complete Arcane: Sublime Chord spell progression matrix was incorrect. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Complete Arcane: The Warlock's Eldritch Blast was not improving when taking a PrC that increases spellcasting. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Complete Champion: Spiritual Connection class variant was not properly removing Wild Empathy (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Complete Champion: Paragnostic Apostle/Initiate PrC's had a capitalization error in one of their pre-reqs resulting in a failure to validate. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Drow of the Underdark: Arachnid Rod was missing a price. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Dungeonscape: Arcane Dilletante spell list incorrectly included spells with an XP cost, and each spell was listed twice. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Races of Destiny: Able Learner was allowing characters to take Skill Tricks with 1 point instead of 2. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Tome of Magic: Selecting any number of Shadowcaster Mysteries was popping an error about having too many Mysteries assigned. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Tome of Magic: The Extra Fundamental Mystery was adding the ability to take an additional fundamental too late and caused an error. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Tome of Magic: Unveil pre-req for ability to cast 5th-level mysteries was incorrect. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Unearthed Arcana: Drow spell-like abilities were not appearing in spells tab. (Sendric)
  • Custom - Dragon Magazine: Ordinator was missing class skills. (ErinRigh)
  • Custom - Spell Like Abilities: Some SLA's were appearing in the Background tab under Racial Abilities. (Sendric)
  • Custom - Universal Specials: Undead type was not removing CON score. (Sendric)
  • DL - Campaign Setting: Fetch race was popping an error when selected. (Sendric)
  • FR - Champions of Ruin: Initiate of Shar was not properly assigning additional spells. (Sendric)
  • Ravenloft - Champions of Darkness: Mechanical Aptitude was popping an error caused by a pre-req. (Sendric)

Data File Authoring
  • 3.0 - Book of Vile Darkness: Added Ur-Priest PrC. (ErinRigh)
  • 3.0 - Oriental Adventures: Added all remaining items. (Illyahr)
  • 3.5 - Book of Exalted Deeds: Added all remaining items. (Illyahr)^
  • 3.5 - Complete Arcane: Added feats Collegiate Wizard and Precocious Apprentice. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Complete Divine: Contemplative PrC added. (ErinRigh)
  • 3.5 - Epic Level Handbook: Added some PrC's, feats, and monster race Abomination, Infernal. (ErinRigh)
  • Custom - Online Content: Added Witch base class. (Sendric)
  • FR - Champions of Ruin: Added Justice of Weald and Woe Prc and some spells. (Dark_Soul)
  • FR - Races of Faerun: Added Fey'ri race. (Dark_Soul)

New Files Added
  • Greyhawk - Greyhawk Gazeteer: Includes deities. (Dami)#
  • Greyhawk - LGC Greyhawk Deities: Includes deities. (Dami)
  • L5R - Rokugan Campaign Setting: Includes everything. (Illyahr)

Files Removed
  • 3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains: Obsoleted all spells. Updated and transferred domains and specials to 3.5 - Spell Compendium. (Sendric)

Notes
  • * Monster races that have been updated for stock portfolios will no longer have feats and weapons bootstrapped (except for some bonus feats). This will make the races more customizable. Portfolios will include all feats and weapons found in the source books.

Known Issues
  • ^Skylord has a new companion type based on the companion being a flying mount. Details are under the class feature "Call Flying Mount"
  • ^Stalker of Karash casts like a Ranger or adds its class level to ranger for spellcasting. Currently only has its own casting (does not add to Ranger yet).
  • ^Hollyphant gets separate damage depending on whether it's in its alternate form or not.
  • # Does not include Raxivort.

Last edited by Sendric; October 3rd, 2017 at 04:07 AM.
Sendric is online now   #776 Reply With Quote
Dark_Soul

Old October 3rd, 2017, 06:21 PM
If we got the beta release, do we need this one?
Dark_Soul is offline   #777 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 4th, 2017, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Soul View Post
If we got the beta release, do we need this one?
Not necessarily. There are a few additional changes beyond the beta release, and also a minor bug that causes the beta not to compile. So, you can fix that yourself by removing or altering the reference to spMisead6 to spMislead6 in the Oriental Adventures file.

Or you can just download v1.20 and have the latest.
Sendric is online now   #778 Reply With Quote
Senatorious

Old October 23rd, 2017, 11:02 AM
My group and I have been having some major trouble with the latest update. When we updated there were, all of a sudden, an absurd number of duplicate records and we haven't had any success with fixing it. Has anyone else had this issue or could someone help me understand how we can get Hero Lab back to normal?
Senatorious is offline   #779 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 23rd, 2017, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatorious View Post
My group and I have been having some major trouble with the latest update. When we updated there were, all of a sudden, an absurd number of duplicate records and we haven't had any success with fixing it. Has anyone else had this issue or could someone help me understand how we can get Hero Lab back to normal?
You must update both HL d20 and the Community files. It sounds like you only did the LW files and not the community files.

Make sure both are updated. If still getting errors RIGHT CLICK and copy the errors and past into this thread. That will help us figure out what is wrong.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #780 Reply With Quote