Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Vassago Embrace

Old February 17th, 2020, 11:03 AM
I created Realm1 for a Paizo sourcebook and Realm2 for another different Paizo sourcebook. In both sourcebooks they mention the town of Sandpoint.

I then exported Realm2 and imported it into Realm1, expecting the topic Sandpoint to be merged. This did not happen, and after some research on this very forum I understood why.

My question is: since it seems impossible to merge the two topics the way I did it, is there any other way to merge them?

In the new merged realm, can I somehow automatically take all of the information in Sandpoint1, move them to Sandpoint2 so that I can erase an entry as not to have duplicates?

My goal is creating a realm for every sourcebook I like, and them merge them all together to have a conclusive campaign setting. But it's not worth it if it's full of duplicate topics with different info all over the place. Any insight on this?
Vassago Embrace is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old February 17th, 2020, 01:19 PM
There isn't an automatic way to do this and it probably would be pretty undesirable if there was. You can manually copy snippets/sections from one topic to the other, delete the topic you don't want and scan the realm for new links.

If you really want this to work you either need to only have one realm where you input all the books on Golarion or create a top level realm with all the topics the books will produce and import that skeleton realm into empty realms to do your data entry before merging them back together.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Vassago Embrace

Old February 17th, 2020, 10:09 PM
I see. I think I will just have one realm where I will input the names of the topics with tags indicating which books they came from.

So I can later partial export “full books” based on such tags, and the topics will even retain mentions if there are references of them in other books!
Vassago Embrace is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810

Old February 18th, 2020, 11:08 AM
This may help you find a way to do something similar to what you're looking for.

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=63654
nightpanda2810 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote