Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

thedeadmonky

Old December 8th, 2007, 08:17 AM
ok, back on the topic of getting the darn data file to work... so i dont know whats wrong...i completely deleted all the highelf folders in the wh6 file, but i can still access the old high elves... im going to try reinstalling army builder i think
thedeadmonky is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Maltor

Old December 10th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Hi, I found 2 issue.

1) Based on the Nov 2007 White Dwarf article, Lion Chariot Crew get S6 attacks with their great weapons.
2) I loaded a 2nd level mage with a Jewel of the Dusk and then selected all spells for any lore (in order to reference based on dice rolls) and it shows 4 power dice instead of 3. If you click on the Allies button then click OK, the power dice is set back to 3.

Thanks,
Maltor
Maltor is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Cedyeus

Old December 14th, 2007, 11:06 AM
I would have to look at what the BRB says in regards to great weapons and mounts, but I'm pretty sure it is specifially meant cavalry. Otherwise, Tiranoc chariots crew should get S4 from their spears granting them a +1S bonus when mounted as well.

In addition, regarding the unmounted lance. I think it would be better to make the lance visable, but give you a red equipment incompatibility error unless he is mounted. Because equipment and mounts are not on the same tab, it can be confusing as to why the lance option isn't there.
Cedyeus is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Silverfox510

Old December 15th, 2007, 03:15 AM
Hey all,

I apologise for the delay in my response, I've just gotten back from vacation/holiday, and will post up an update to the file as soon as I finish typing this up.

I've fixed the Chariot-taking-up-a-Special-with-a-Character issue (including Korhil's ride), and adjusted the points cost of the Armour of Protection to the proper 45 points.

@kgb & thedeadmonky: I am personally not quite sure what's happening with your files... all it should take to work, is to put my highelves.dat, highelves.aug and genericstuff.dat files into your data/wh6 folder, making sure to *overwrite* the old files (backing them up elsewhere might be a good idea). If you do that okay, it should be fine...

@Maltor:

1. From my experience with WD, they do tend to get things wrong from time to time (stats, points costs, etc). I'm personally hedging my bets that this is what this is, because as far as I am aware, being on a chariot makes a model count as being mounted.

2. I've just checked this out, it's okay. When you click 'okay' after the Allies button, AB reverts the information window to what you had currently selected from the top 'Available Units' menu, rather than the unit you've actually added to the roster. Therefore, if (as you did) still have the basic 'Mage' entry highlighted, it would be giving you the stats for a basic Lvl 1 Mage rather than your Mage with the Jewel.

To see what I mean, do up your Mage again with the Jewel and all, and then, just before you click on the Allies button, single-click on some other entry in the 'Available Units' list. When you click 'Okay' again, you'll see the stats of whatever entry you highlighted. The Lvl 2 Mage hasn't been altered at all by this.

@Cedyeus: Being 'mounted' includes riding in a Chariot. My reasoning is, if the Tiranoc Chariot crew cannot get a Strength bonus from their spears, then why do they have spears? I and every HE player I've known have played with with the Spears' strength modifier.

Or, a better example, the DE Cold One Chariot: If chariot crew or characters riding in chariots do not count as being 'mounted,' then why must the DE Cold One Chariot crew *pay* to have spears that would do nothing? Seems a bit silly...
Silverfox510 is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
stashman

Old December 15th, 2007, 03:11 PM
I downloaded the latest AB 3.1 HE Update but its still "old" rules for special and rare choice (in units, like max 4 special in 2200 pts list).
stashman is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Silverfox510

Old December 15th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Did you also get the highelves.aug and genericstuff.dat files?
Silverfox510 is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
belgarath97

Old December 15th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltor
Hi, I found 2 issue.

1) Based on the Nov 2007 White Dwarf article, Lion Chariot Crew get S6 attacks with their great weapons.
The WD article is a misprint. If you look they gave the mage in one of the army lists to arcane items, as well. They need a new editor.
belgarath97 is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
belgarath97

Old December 15th, 2007, 05:56 PM
The Starlance seems to be missing from my magic items.

Belgarath97

Come play in my club The League of Extraordinary Gamers.
belgarath97 is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
belgarath97

Old December 15th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox510
I've fixed the Chariot-taking-up-a-Special-with-a-Character issue (including Korhil's ride), and adjusted the points cost of the Armour of Protection to the proper 45 points.
I just downloaded the new file, Korhil's Chariot still is taking up a special choice.
belgarath97 is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
belgarath97

Old December 15th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Teclis's War Crown of Saphery grants Teclis the ability to ignore his first miscast EACH TURN. The current discribtion says "of a battle", which is incorrect.

Belgarath97

Come play in my club The League of Extraordinary Gamers.
belgarath97 is offline   #30 Reply With Quote