Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

RayPrancer

Old May 25th, 2013, 11:24 AM
As I think I may have mentioned previously in Fudge everything is optional. Using the skeleton files is there any way to make an attribute appear only if the neccesarry source is present?

So far I've tried creating them in the editor and tying them to a source but nothing happens when I turn the relevent source on. I'm running 3.6g due to connection issues.
RayPrancer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 25th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Please give me more detail, because everything you've described should be working.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
RayPrancer

Old May 26th, 2013, 12:11 AM
I've identified the problem. I simply needed to reload the game system because it affects things bootstrapped to the hero.
RayPrancer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
RayPrancer

Old May 26th, 2013, 02:28 PM
A more complicated issue is that by defeault the attributes are a dropdown list of alternative names for a Damage Capacity attribute and any seven of the player's choice. I need to display seven text boxes for the player to write them in. These can be literally anything and are called whatever the character would call them. I'd also need a way to add additional boxes or remove them as one of the first options given is have as many as you want and get half that number to spend on attributes subject to GM veto with a practical limit of 30. Is something like this covered on the wiki? If not can anyone advise?
RayPrancer is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 27th, 2013, 07:15 AM
RayPrancer, have you considered getting a basic version working, and then coming back to all these optional rules like choosing attributes?

That way, you'll get more practice with the basics, and have more finished material to show, before you try to deal with these hard problems.
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
RayPrancer

Old May 27th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
RayPrancer, have you considered getting a basic version working, and then coming back to all these optional rules like choosing attributes?

That way, you'll get more practice with the basics, and have more finished material to show, before you try to deal with these hard problems.
The problem seems to be that I've chosen too complex a system. I'm going to try creating the d6 Fantasy system then come back to Fudge when I'm more experienced.
RayPrancer is offline   #6 Reply With Quote