Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 5th, 2010, 09:51 AM
For a while now, I've wanted to add a combat states table to HL - charging, fighting defensively, etc. It will probably be placed above the Conditions table on the adjust tab, and will probably look like the conditions table.

The scripting for the basic states won't take long - the time consuming part of this project will be the interactions. For example, a Duelist has the Elaborate Defense ability; +2 AC while fighting defensively or on total defense. The Cavalier has many bonuses while mounted on his mount and other bonuses for mounted charges. A prestige class from Pathfinder #14 called the Chevalier has a Controlled Charge ability that removes the -2 AC penalty for charging.

So, what I'd appreciate help with is finding all those interactions.

Here are the combat states list I've come up with (if you have any recommended additions to this, please say so):

Charging
Fighting Defensively
Total Defense
Mounted
Mounted (Specify Mount)
Running
Withdrawing
Squeezing into a tight space
Flanking
Flanked
On Higher Ground
Kneeling/Sitting
Partial Cover
Total Cover
Soft Cover
Improved Cover
Concealment
Total Concealment

(there are also some conditions, like prone or blinded that may have interactions that have been missed - if you come across anything that modifies the way one of the conditions that are already in HL functions, please bring that up, too).

If you can find anything that has special effects if one of those combat states is active, or that modifies the way a combat state functions, I'd appreciate it if you could list it here. Having a list of things to check will make the process of implementing all those effects much faster. Also, with many eyes searching for them, there's less chance of missing one.

If the thing isn't in the core rulebook, please note which book it's in so that it's easier to find. If you know of anything from 3rd party publishers or 3.5 material, please add those, too (for those, please copy some text or describe the effects - I don't own every 3PP/3.5 book). I won't be implementing those changes for 3PP/3.5 material, but I want to know what possibilities are out there, so that I can write the code in a way that makes it possible for users to add those effects.

Thank you all very much in advance.
Mathias is online now   #1 Reply With Quote