Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Brolthemighty

Old November 12th, 2019, 03:04 PM
So I’m trying to make a Sting natural attack with a scaling DC based on their Con. I’m just not sure how to do that. I thought I had it by selecting it in the natural attack but it didn’t actually adjust anything.
Brolthemighty is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old November 12th, 2019, 04:00 PM
Sometimes you can find an example but here's a brief explanation.

You select the Sting natural attack (or any of the natural attacks), and on the Save DC Ability field you would choose Constitution (since you are using constitution as the ability that modifies the DC). You can then set whatever ability the saving throw is, so if the victim had to make a Strength saving throw, you would select Strength on the Resist Ability field.

In the On-hit Effects box (hit the edit button), you would type something like the following:

The target must make a DC #StandardDC# #abSave# saving throw or become poisoned for 1 minute. While poisoned this way, the target is blind.

The #StandardDC# and #abSave# have to be typed exactly like that. These are macros that tell the program to calculate or look up what you put in the above fields to help it do so.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Brolthemighty

Old November 12th, 2019, 05:01 PM
OH!

I had tried looking for something that did similar but was coming up blank at the time, I appreciate it.
Brolthemighty is offline   #3 Reply With Quote