Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Aevil

Old July 17th, 2015, 06:01 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows why every time I update Hero Lab I have to reactivate the license. Every time this happens I have to request an early reactivation. I have to do this for my secondary license as well. This has been going on for the last 4 updates at least.
Aevil is offline   #1
AndrewD2

Old July 17th, 2015, 10:43 AM
Well as for why you have to, the software is installing and needs to verify your information. The most common reason for having to do the early reactivation is if the key is used on more than one computer. Are either of your licenses used on more than one computer?
AndrewD2 is offline   #2
DaveN
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 17th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Aevil,

The most common reasons for license reassignment errors are using the same license number on 2 devices instead of each device having its own unique license number and changing or updating computers sooner than the automatic timers allow.

I'm happy to discuss your situation specifically via your license number reassignment request.
DaveN is offline   #3
Sutek

Old August 7th, 2015, 12:29 AM
Ok this is very frustrating I only purchased Herolab last night -in that time the win 10 update has occurred -unaware it would affect mu current character I was making unly as I completed it I was advised would have to have license reassignment or whatever.
This is not fair I have to wait 120 days than an email says 15 minutes and now I'm directed to this forum -I should not have to 3 months due to a windows update
Please clears this matter in 1 working day or full refund
Request Number
78679_t65bdcpjtipa6b9u
Sutek is offline   #4
josh.dickerson

Old August 28th, 2015, 10:58 AM
I had this same issue today as well. I have fast ring update settings enabled for Windows 10. And after purchasing and activating Hero Lab I needed to reboot for updates. Once I rebooted it wanted me to reactivate my license. I have already filed a ticket for early license reassignment. But I wanted to make other aware that this is happening.
Thanks,
josh.dickerson is offline   #5
Togainu

Old September 3rd, 2015, 01:07 PM
I am in the fast ring myself and Lonewolf has always reset my license within at least 2 days. In general it happens in 1 it's just each fast ring update you need to do it. Slightly annoying but I don't blame Lonewolf for their choice.
Togainu is offline   #6
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 3rd, 2015, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutek View Post
Ok this is very frustrating I only purchased Herolab last night -in that time the win 10 update has occurred -unaware it would affect mu current character I was making unly as I completed it I was advised would have to have license reassignment or whatever.
This is not fair I have to wait 120 days than an email says 15 minutes and now I'm directed to this forum -I should not have to 3 months due to a windows update
Please clears this matter in 1 working day or full refund
Request Number
78679_t65bdcpjtipa6b9u
Just to point out to this person and others. LW does have a 60 day money back guarantee. So if Win 10 issues are making you upset about HL and you are within 60 days of purchase feel free to ask for a full refund.

They are a small company and they do there very best but sometimes "issues" happen.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7
Exmortis

Old September 4th, 2015, 07:28 AM
DRM is a fact of life as long as we have thieves who believe that stealing IP doesn't hurt anyone.... Or they are just plain criminals at heart.

So this is not LWD's fault directly, they are just required to protect the IP they license for Hero Lab from those said thieves. The update to windows 10 changes your system completely, thus sets off the reassignment issue.

Now please be patient, I have been a LWD HL customer for a while now and a RW customer, and I have YET to have a issue NOT solved by them, their support is a model for the rest of the industry to follow, not to mention their community here.

Thy will get you fixed up within a reasonable amount of time. 1 working day is an unreasonable expectation for any company, just so you are aware.

Like Togainu I was fast ring Win10 preview on my HL system, and never once did LWD whinge at my early assignment requests, and never did I wait an unreasonable amount of time.

LWD gets the job done, you can take that to the bank. But you must also be fair with expectations.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #8
TheSleeper

Old September 19th, 2015, 08:21 PM
Taking a look I find a number of torrents and regular download links the DRM has been unsuccessful as the only people with the un-cracked version are the ones that have paid. DRM effects paying customers more then freeloaders. Your assertion that DRM is a fact of life is not as there are large scale examples of no DRM I can show you if you want.

Regardless of what they need to do or not, making there program not functional every time you have windows update go off is not fulfilling their contract they have with their paying customers to provide a working product.

One working day is an unreasonable expectation of a company to make there customers wait every time they get an upgrade. This post was started over 2 months and the issue still persists, if they can not figure it out then they should turn off the DRM reactivation timer till it is resolved.

Ultimately it is LWD’s job to provide us with what we have paid for, that makes the DRM choice its usability and implementation fall squarely on their shoulders.
TheSleeper is offline   #9
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 19th, 2015, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSleeper View Post
Taking a look I find a number of torrents and regular download links the DRM has been unsuccessful as the only people with the un-cracked version are the ones that have paid. DRM effects paying customers more then freeloaders. Your assertion that DRM is a fact of life is not as there are large scale examples of no DRM I can show you if you want.

Regardless of what they need to do or not, making there program not functional every time you have windows update go off is not fulfilling their contract they have with their paying customers to provide a working product.

One working day is an unreasonable expectation of a company to make there customers wait every time they get an upgrade. This post was started over 2 months and the issue still persists, if they can not figure it out then they should turn off the DRM reactivation timer till it is resolved.

Ultimately it is LWD’s job to provide us with what we have paid for, that makes the DRM choice its usability and implementation fall squarely on their shoulders.
I would advise you to ask for you money back. No matter what "proff" you think you have its not valid. LW would be out of busy long ago if they did not protection from thieves. If you can't deal with this don't use the software. End of story.

Once again the issue is with all the Beta version of Win 10. I have the software going on 5+ years I have NEVER EVER NOT EVEN ONCE had a problem with the license software. NOT A SINGLE TIME.

Its obvious you where not aware that major changes in Win 10 causes the key changes. Thats fine and it sucks finding out this way. But asking LW to allow everyone to steal the software so they go out of business is not a valid response.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10
Closed Thread