Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

heinrich_krebs

Old May 10th, 2015, 11:51 AM
Hi,

how can in change the Pilot of a vehicle?
Obviously one can buy Pilot and then integrate it in a given car in the rules. But how do I do it in Hero Labs?
heinrich_krebs is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 10th, 2015, 05:39 PM
On the Vehicle's Matrix tab, in the "Add Agents, IC and Pilots" table, select the Pilot program.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
heinrich_krebs

Old May 10th, 2015, 08:09 PM
Wrong thread post, sorry
heinrich_krebs is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
heinrich_krebs

Old May 17th, 2015, 12:08 PM
Okay, did what you suggested. Now I have a separate Pilot, but the integrated Pilot entry didn't change. I'd like that to disappear or be changed to the new Pilot rating...
heinrich_krebs is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 18th, 2015, 08:34 AM
I don't think that should happen. The vehicle's own pilot program is still present - it's just stored for now, since there's a better pilot program running the vehicle, but if you wanted, you could move the purchased pilot program to a different vehicle, and then the integrated pilot would still be available for this vehicle.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
heinrich_krebs

Old May 18th, 2015, 08:44 AM
Except, according to the rules, Pilot isn't simply a program. It is a combination of software and hardware that needs to be installed into a drone. So, if I was to put new on-board electronics into my car, I'd remove the old ones for they take the same space and provide the same function as the old one.

That's what should be happen if one upgrades Pilot. But there seems no option to do so. Only adding new Pilot - which then can be placed to any "device" besides the fact that Pilot would need to be purchased for a specific use, even a specific car model.
heinrich_krebs is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 18th, 2015, 08:54 AM
SR4A pg. 245 describes the Pilots in a section named "Pilot Program", and describes them as an OS. What are you finding that says it also includes hardware?

Even if it did include hardware, what's to stop a careful rigger from retaining all the parts to the old Pilot system when they upgrade it, so that if they wanted to, they could remove the new system, put back in the old system, and move the new one to a different vehicle of the same type? To represent that, it's best that the old pilot still be available. Also, what's to stop GMs from declaring that Pilot programs come as plug-in modules, that don't require the removal of the old pilot - just turning it off.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
heinrich_krebs

Old May 18th, 2015, 09:13 AM
Might be mistaken about the hardware part, thought it was in Arsenal, but it is not. That Pilot is drone specific is listed there however, on page 103.

Sure, if I wanted to keep the Pilot around, I could. That's not the issue. I want it gone, and seemingly can't remove it, that's the problem.
heinrich_krebs is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 18th, 2015, 09:17 AM
The problem is that not everyone would want it permanently gone, so we need a solution that works for all of our users. There would need to be a way to mark the pilot as removed, but still have an option somewhere that can bring it back.

So I don't see a good way to allow the complete removal of the integrated pilot program.
Mathias is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
heinrich_krebs

Old August 8th, 2015, 02:44 PM
So, while I can't make the integrated Pilot disappear, even if I feel I should be able to build in a better Pilot and remove the old one, without creating a new separate character for the new Pilot in Herolabs, I found a work-halfway-around.

I used the "Adjust" tab to permanently increase the vehicle attributes to the scores that the should have after the alterations my character made. That works for all attributes except "Processor Limit". That is tied to "Pilot" as Pilot is similar to Sytem, etc. etc.

But, as per the Nexus rules, one can have Hardware with a higher Processor Limit than System rating. So, I have InGame paid for this, so I'd like to add it in HeroLabs.

Any ideas how I could create an Adjust for "Processor Limit" ?
Also, please add it if you ever make an update for the SR4 rules...
heinrich_krebs is offline   #10 Reply With Quote