Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Silverwind

Old August 19th, 2014, 06:51 PM
Greetings,

I have never created a house rule before and I need some direction on this. This is what I need to accomplish before starting a new campaign this weekend. I have a player that wants to let their cleric have access to two sub-domains under Sarenrae. Specifically Revelation and Redemption. They are described in the Champions of Balance and the Champions of Purity books and say that they are associated with Sarenrae. But in one of the Inner Gods books, they are not associated, so Hero Lab says they are not available.

In another post, it is recomended that a house rule be created to re-connect these sub-domains to the deity.

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...rae+redemption

I'm not sure at all how to do this and the editor is a little confusing. Can someone help walk me through how to do this?

Thanks for your help on this.
Silverwind is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 19th, 2014, 08:49 PM
First if its not defined right please put in a Bug Report. Second HL does not stop you from adding domains not associated to your god. It gives you a "warning" but does not prevent it. So just add the domains like normal and be done. Just make sure the list of domains you have it set to "Everything" so you can see the domain.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Silverwind

Old August 20th, 2014, 02:20 AM
Thank you very much for your help.
Silverwind is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old August 21st, 2014, 02:42 PM
Short of that, the way to 'fix' it to avoid the warning, you'd have to duplicate and replace the Sarenrae item in the editor with one that includes the appropriate subdomains.

As for the bug report, I'm not sure how Lone Wolf is expected to deal with conflicting info from two different sources. Personally, I'd consider the more extensive Inner Sea Gods to be the primary source for all the gods in the Pathfinder world, and have it take precedence over the player companions (It seems this is what they've done).
Fuzzy is offline   #4 Reply With Quote