Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Alistair

Old January 5th, 2016, 05:17 PM
I hesitate to get involved, considering what I do for a living and how I have a hard enough time keeping that separate from my fun. I submit enough reports as it is.

I do it because I know the QA value of being the minority OS, so I guess send it over. Could you share it on Google Drive or Dropbox or something? I'm really trying to kill email. (On an email-killing related note, Mathias: A LWD and/or HeroLab Slack, perhaps? A public one, that is.)

Edit: URL
Edit edit: Elucidation

Last edited by Alistair; January 5th, 2016 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Linked to slack for clarification
Alistair is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old January 5th, 2016, 09:21 PM
Thanks I appreciate it. Drop box link is https://www.dropbox.com/s/pvd6yf0xy1...r%201.por?dl=0 no need to do any heavily detailed experimentation if you could just confirm whether the following two actions have the same effect on your computer.

1) When I have reached a certain point in additions instead of the usual add X I get a drop down list allowing me to select pretty much anything e.g. add a sleeze attribute when selecting a new skill. To replicate go to add new advancement, gain new active skill, select new trait/ability. If this problem occurs on your system instead of the usual list of active skills you'll get a huge list of different things e.g. custom contact, +2 dice for arcane tests, etc.

2) The second problem is that it causes a crash if I try raise an attribute after a certain level. For this character add new advancment, increase attribute, select trait to boost. At this point the program stops working and windows closes it for me rather than letting me select magic to increase it.

If you can take the time to test these two things and let me know if they have the same effect on your system or if they work normally what system your using (windows xp, windows 10, mac, linux, etc) I'd greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by Senko; January 5th, 2016 at 09:23 PM.
Senko is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Alistair

Old January 6th, 2016, 04:45 AM
Ok. Two more bug reports sent. Same behavior observed in El Capitan.
Included the OS crash report for item 2, and weird Data File Debugging output for item 1.
Alistair is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old January 6th, 2016, 09:34 AM
Thanks much appreciated so whatever's going on its at least consistent across two systems.
Senko is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 7th, 2016, 08:58 AM
Thanks for sending the test character. The problem was that there's a candidate expression field that stores a list of all the skills the character already has, in order to keep from showing duplicates. This character's list of the skills they already had exceeded the 1000 character limit that had been set for that field. I've increased it to 5000 characters, which is the most Hero Lab can support for a text field.

Since the field was cut off in the middle of a term, the expression wasn't functional, so HL threw it away and displayed an un-filtered list of everything in the shadowrun files, and then reported an error about not being able to interpret the field.
Mathias is online now   #15 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 7th, 2016, 09:00 AM
Any crash bugs that were reported wouldn't have been routed to me, so I'm not sure what the status of those is.
Mathias is online now   #16 Reply With Quote
Alistair

Old January 7th, 2016, 11:00 AM
They sent me a message asking for the character portfolio for the one I submitted.

Edit: My bug reports format is good, Mathias?

Last edited by Alistair; January 7th, 2016 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Question
Alistair is offline   #17 Reply With Quote