Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

FaeruN

Old March 22nd, 2012, 12:39 PM
Hey people, I want to create a racial special ability that it suppose to be like the ethnicities of the human.

I know that there it is another post about this but it wasn't completely solved or at least didn't understand it completely.

I've tried to create the racial special ability and putting the options of the ability on the array-based menu, but I need more slots.

I also tried to use the Custom Abilities like the ethnicities of the Human but when I introduce this on hero lab, and click looking for ethnicities, there is not a tab to select any ethnicity, neither the ones of the Inner Sea Guide and I don't know how to introduce the ethnicities I want to create... does someone know how can I do this?
FaeruN is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 22nd, 2012, 01:08 PM
If one ability has more than 10 options, it's time to start thinking about different approaches on how you want to present it to the user, like a different ability for each of the 11+ options that the user can select among.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
FaeruN

Old March 22nd, 2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
If one ability has more than 10 options, it's time to start thinking about different approaches on how you want to present it to the user, like a different ability for each of the 11+ options that the user can select among.
is not the way I want to do it...
I've checked the other post again and now I understood better, but still have a problem, and it is that I want the race custom ability to be selected by any race, there is any tag (because I didn't saw it but there are too many tags on that tab xD) for every race? or I do have to make one for every race?
FaeruN is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 22nd, 2012, 01:28 PM
If you want to add more ethnicities, it's best to add them as racial custom abilities (just like the already existing ones).

If you are not seeing the human's ethnicities, make sure first that the character is human, and that you have the Inner Sea World Guide source checked. If that is not the problem, check your newly created ethnicity racial custom abilities and make sure they have "Human" selected for "Available to Race"

If you are making ethnicities for a race other than humans (like, different clans of dwarves or something) you'll need to modify the base race.

Step 1 - Copy the race in question in the editor, scroll down to the "Racial Custom Abilities" section on the Race tab. Enter the info for total number, what they are called (i.e. Clans, or Tribes or Ethnicities or whatever), and if they are optional.

Step 2 - Replace the old race with your new version using "Replaces thing id" field on the right. Reload the files.

Step 3 - Make your new racial custom abilities. Make sure they have selected the new version of the race you made for "Available to Race". After you've done a few, reload the files.

Step 4 - Test what you have so far, add the race, click on the "Dwarven Clans" or whatever and make sure the ones you have added are available for selection.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 22nd, 2012, 01:33 PM
The AllowRCust tags determine which races can pick your racial custom ability, try making an ability, then hitting the "Tags" button in the upper right and entering multiple copies of the tag for different races. For example, apply the "AllowRCust.rHuman" and "AllowRCust.rElf".

However, even if the ability is available to a race (for example the Elf), that race won't show the table to select racial custom abilities unless it has 1 or more available, so you may still need to copy, mod and replace some core races.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
FaeruN

Old March 22nd, 2012, 01:44 PM
thanks Aaron you saving my day again hahaha

These 4 steps I thought on them also as I was checking the humans, but didn't thought about the tags, thank you dude, I will advice if it worked
FaeruN is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
FaeruN

Old March 23rd, 2012, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
The AllowRCust tags determine which races can pick your racial custom ability, try making an ability, then hitting the "Tags" button in the upper right and entering multiple copies of the tag for different races. For example, apply the "AllowRCust.rHuman" and "AllowRCust.rElf".

However, even if the ability is available to a race (for example the Elf), that race won't show the table to select racial custom abilities unless it has 1 or more available, so you may still need to copy, mod and replace some core races.
Worked perfectly thank you Aaron.

By the way, when I replace something (obviusly using Replace Thing ID) like a race, using a race that only can be selected when active one special source... but when i deactivate it the replaced race doesn't comes back... there is anyway I can replace a race with another only if the source is enabled?
FaeruN is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 24th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeruN View Post
Worked perfectly thank you Aaron.

By the way, when I replace something (obviusly using Replace Thing ID) like a race, using a race that only can be selected when active one special source... but when i deactivate it the replaced race doesn't comes back... there is anyway I can replace a race with another only if the source is enabled?
Nope. The replace ID function happens WAY before a source ID's are looked at. So its an all or nothing thing.

What I have had to do is only activate the differences or scripts when a specific Source is activated (ie my houserules). Otherwise I let the script or ability work just like normal.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
FaeruN

Old March 24th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Nope. The replace ID function happens WAY before a source ID's are looked at. So its an all or nothing thing.

What I have had to do is only activate the differences or scripts when a specific Source is activated (ie my houserules). Otherwise I let the script or ability work just like normal.
Okay got that, it was more on replacing the races but it seems is not possible the way I wanted to, thanks again shadowchemosh
FaeruN is offline   #9 Reply With Quote