Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

buddahcjcc

Old September 22nd, 2010, 11:25 AM
Every time I want to use a saved .usr (whatever the extension is when saved in the editor) file I have to open the editor and reload all the files. The other people in mt Pathfinder game are telling me this isnt normal. can anyone tell me why this is happenning for me and/or how to fix it?
buddahcjcc is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 22nd, 2010, 11:51 AM
It would help if we knew why you needed to do this. What is happening that is causing you to go into the editor every time?
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
buddahcjcc

Old September 22nd, 2010, 12:05 PM
If I want to use anything Ive added into hero labsd by using the editor, Feats, items, anything like that, then every time I open Hero Lab, I have to go into Tools, Launch Editor, Open Data File, and load the feat/item/whatever. If I dont do this before I try to open the character, I get errors about things missing or orphaned or whatever.
This gets annoying when I have like 6 of these on a character. The other ppl in the game Im in are telling me they dont have to do this when they open their hero labs
buddahcjcc is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 22nd, 2010, 12:09 PM
Which folder is the file you created in placed in? Everything in the /data directory for a game system should be incorporated into that game system. Things in sub-folders of the /data directory are NOT added to HL.

What extension did you give your file? .user is the one to use - a .usr file won't be recognized by HL as a valid one to use.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 22nd, 2010, 12:11 PM
If you are getting errors when you load up HL, it won't use any of the user-created content. Those errors would need to be fixed first.

Edit: Oh wait, you probably mean errors when you load the character, not the program, right? In that case, yea, you should check where the file is located and that you have the right extension.
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
buddahcjcc

Old September 22nd, 2010, 12:27 PM
the extension is w/e the file saves as as default. the files arent in the HL folder so thats prolly it
buddahcjcc is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
buddahcjcc

Old September 22nd, 2010, 01:19 PM
yup, that was it. it works, thanks
buddahcjcc is offline   #7 Reply With Quote