Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Aaron

Old October 5th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseelie View Post
There's a conflict between the Bestiary 2 and Advanced Race Guide versions of the Oread. I went back and made sure that everything else is disabled. Oread seems to work fine with only one enabled.
There aren't 2 versions of the race, but there are several favored class options from the ARG that are only active when you enable that source. The Oread Fighter favored class option was throwing this error if you didn't have the Optional APG Maneuvers setting enabled. This error is now fixed.
Aaron is offline   #441
Jasper

Old October 5th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Many of them show up on the spells tab instead, you can increment/decrement them there. I'll put a "review which domain powers belong on which tab" on my list, but it's likely lower priority.
For frick's sake, that's where they are. Thanks for the info, I'm happy now that I know; I don't care if they go to the "In Play" or "Spells" as long as I can track them.
Jasper is offline   #442
Aaron

Old October 5th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
Looks like the Wayang race is missing the "Lurker" racial trait (+2 Perception and Stealth)
By Saint George! IT IS DONE!
Aaron is offline   #443
Aaron

Old October 5th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
For frick's sake, that's where they are. Thanks for the info, I'm happy now that I know; I don't care if they go to the "In Play" or "Spells" as long as I can track them.
I'm happy you're happy!
Aaron is offline   #444
Aaron

Old October 5th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxion View Post
HL appears to be calculating DR incorrectly for the Ultimate Combat variant rules of Armor as DR.

Quoting the SRD:
For instance, when fighting a skeleton with DR 5/bludgeoning and DR 4/armor (+2 for armor, +2 for natural armor ), the skeleton's DR/armor reduces 9 points of damage from non-bludgeoning attacks, and 4 damage from bludgeoning weapon attacks.

When I build an NPC human skeleton in HeroLab, it only shows DR 4. The innate DR 5/Bludgeoning is not stacking like it should under the variant rule. I did check on the Basics tab just to see if it was listed multiple times in the varying combos (DR against normal attacks, against bludgeoning attacks, large creature, etc) but no, it's only there once.
I'm afraid HL doesn't do an "Array Style" combination display. The character's DR from armor is listed on the Summary tab and across the top of the display. Any other DRs that don't add to armor DR will be shown on the specials tab, like I see the Skeleton's DR 5/Bludgeoning is. We rely on users to combine DRs as appropriate.

For example, in a non Armor as DR game, a monster may have DR 10 magic and DR 5/Bludgeoning. The player must keep these in mind and reduce damage that bypasses the magic but not the bludgeoning. In your Armor as DR Game, you'll similarly have to reduce the damage more when both your Armor DR and other DRs apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxion View Post
Also, the save DC of spells is tied to whatever stat grants bonus spells for the class. I built a class that does not get bonus spells per day (using a MP-style system), and the save DCs are all way low. This really should be separated, since I didn't see a way to adjust save DCs by themselves (ie, on the Adjust or InPlay tab).

Thanks
I'll investigate this and see if the benefit is worth the effort. If you'd like help setting up your class to work around this in the meantime, I'll gladly advise in another thread.
Aaron is offline   #445
Aaron

Old October 5th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeman View Post
Traits:

If I create a Human Pathfinder Society Character I am able to select "Carefully Hidden" as a trait. However if I save a character (without choosing the trait) and attempt to edit the character later it will not show up as an option. (not even greyed out.)
I can't reproduce this, did you perhaps set your filtering to "Only Valid Items" and then choose a different Racial Trait? That's the only reason I can think of that you would later on not be able to see the trait at all. Can you see other greyed out traits? Other Racial Traits?
Aaron is offline   #446
Aaron

Old October 5th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrischika111 View Post
when you create a crossblooded sorcerer arcane/serpentine, you are limited (via validation check) to viper familiar. this limitation should occur only if you select the corresponding serpentine power at level 3. Arcane bond from Arcane bloodline allows you to pick any familiar.
I think I've got this combination working for you now.
Aaron is offline   #447
Aaron

Old October 5th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiteran View Post
The Paladin Archetype Sacred Shield's ability Bastion of Good is not calculating correctly. The Paladin should gain a deflection bonus to her AC equal to the characters Charisma bonus against attacks made by the target of the smite. This bonus increases by +1 for every four paladin levels.

From what I can tell it's giving a flat +10 bonus
Thanks, this should be fixed for the next release.
Aaron is offline   #448
Chemlak

Old October 5th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Headband of Vast Intelligence (all types, haven't checked the combo-stat Headbands) are still not correctly adding languages if the Linguistics skill is one of the skills picked - validation error for extra languages on the Personal tab is still there, though the ranks are showing correctly in Skills.
Chemlak is offline   #449
kinevon

Old October 5th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Found another one. Or maybe it hasn't been implemented, yet.

Trait: Defender of the Society
Armor: Masterwork Kikko armor

Character is not receiving the +1 trait bonus to AC for wearing medium armor.
kinevon is offline   #450
Closed Thread