Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

lindemann

Old March 3rd, 2007, 02:14 PM
you are a dick

thanks for the help a-hole
lindemann is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
apollo0681

Old March 4th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindemann
you are a dick

thanks for the help a-hole
glad i could help.
apollo0681 is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
08ball

Old March 4th, 2007, 08:20 AM
I have to respond to a very out of place comment and general attitude from Apollo. Your personally negative response to a poster who was simply stating their frustration and candor was unacceptable. He was not attacking you personally nor was he being rude. Yet you decided to respond in a frankly childish and negative way. Your poor attitude needs to be corrected and you should appoligize to the poster and show you have the class expected of a person with a high intelligence.

The responce you received from your comment must have told you that your initial comment was out of place. I expect you to act and respond in a more positive and adult manner from now on or I will report you to the admin and ask for your suspension.

I don't care how much you are trying to help, the issue is that you need to be more aware of your actions here and treat folks with respect.
08ball is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
08ball

Old March 4th, 2007, 08:24 AM
I also see that you deleated the nasty personal comment you made to the poster now. So you understand that was unacceptable right?
08ball is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
apollo0681

Old March 4th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08ball
I have to respond to a very out of place comment and general attitude from Apollo. Your personally negative response to a poster who was simply stating their frustration and candor was unacceptable. He was not attacking you personally nor was he being rude. Yet you decided to respond in a frankly childish and negative way. Your poor attitude needs to be corrected and you should appoligize to the poster and show you have the class expected of a person with a high intelligence.

The responce you received from your comment must have told you that your initial comment was out of place. I expect you to act and respond in a more positive and adult manner from now on or I will report you to the admin and ask for your suspension.

I don't care how much you are trying to help, the issue is that you need to be more aware of your actions here and treat folks with respect.

i apoligise huguly for my general attitude. But when i spend hours of my own time fixing bugs and uploading a number of files so that the empire files on army builder are usable.
so much so that when the offical update was released the person felt the need to thank me for all the help i had given in the very first line of the offical warhammer update. i think im well within my rights to be a little annoyed when someone is moaning about the fact that the update isnt instantly done for them and they have to spend 20seconds cutting and pasting a file.

and as for my final comment that was simply as i had seen the episode of friends in which the line is from that day. which if u read his post i couldnt resist making a joke as what he said was so very silly

"I have managed to get a file called 'empire280207.dat' onto my desk top but have no idea what to do with it and to be honest your explanation above made no sense to me...delete the numbers in the filename??? What numbers in what filename"
apollo0681 is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
OgrimDoombringer

Old March 4th, 2007, 12:47 PM
apollo0681. Thankyou for the work you do to fix the various bugs, it is appreciated. Thankyou for apologizing for overreacting to a techno-challenged user. I tried to help lindemann by phone. It was not the renaming of the file that was really the problem, but what to do with it after that. If you are not familiar with the data structure of the program, it is not intuitive to go rooting around and replacing files. Despite being a systems analyst of 8 years experience and having programmed, I got stuck too. I am not a tech-newbie and definitely not an idiot. Until I saw your post stating "then cut and paste the new file into the WH6 folder in the army builder directory on your computer replacing the old empire file." I was a lost as the next guy. That tidbit is the key to it all. Problem solved. Thanks.

Below for regular users is some guidance.

Exit Army Builder.
Download the new Empire data file from:
http://support.wolflair.com/modules....=getit&lid=124

Save the file to your PC (Desktop is an easy place to put it)
Rename the file from empire280207.dat to empire.dat
Locate your wh6 folder (typically c:\Program Files\ArmyBuilder\data\wh6)
(Notice that there are other .dat files such as dwarves.dat, this is what the program uses to interpret the various special rules and units for each race)
Cut and Paste (or drag and drop) your new empire.dat file from the Desktop to the wh6 folder.
A message will appear asking if you to 'Confirm File Replace'. Answer yes and you will overwrite the old file with the new download.
Start Army Builder. The new updates should be seen when you create a new list.
OgrimDoombringer is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
lindemann

Old March 4th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Many thanks OgrimDoombringer - your patient assitance was greatly appreciated.

Apollo0681 - I accept your apology for what you wrote (and then removed), and I certainly do appreciate the fact that you have worked hard to fix the various bugs associated with the Empire update. For the record, what OgrimDoombringer has posted made much more sense to me and was easy to follow for a self-confessed technotard - please remember apollo0681 that not everyone understands this stuff as well as you.

Thanks as well to 08Ball for your comments and suggestions.
lindemann is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
08ball

Old March 4th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Thanks Ogrim,
I will try it out and let you know. I just might get my Empire list fixed yet!
08ball is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
apollo0681

Old March 5th, 2007, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindemann
Many thanks OgrimDoombringer - your patient assitance was greatly appreciated.

Apollo0681 - I accept your apology for what you wrote (and then removed), and I certainly do appreciate the fact that you have worked hard to fix the various bugs associated with the Empire update. For the record, what OgrimDoombringer has posted made much more sense to me and was easy to follow for a self-confessed technotard - please remember apollo0681 that not everyone understands this stuff as well as you.

Thanks as well to 08Ball for your comments and suggestions.

hope u 2 guys got it working in the end.

just for the record i was only intending to have a bit of a laugh at your expense rather than cause huge offence.

if u look at the time i edited the last line it was before 08ball had posted anything and abvoiusly before i had read what he said. the reason i edited it was becuase a mate of mine pointed out that it may be taken far more seriously than which it was intended.

anyhow we shall leave it there guys. Good luck with the new empire list.
apollo0681 is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
08ball

Old March 6th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Thanks Ogrim, you are a lifesaver. The list works well for me, anyone else?
08ball is offline   #40 Reply With Quote