Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
ErinRigh

Old June 27th, 2017, 08:24 AM
I didn't kickstart RW, I hadn't even heard of it when I came to it. I got HL at the recommendation of someone on the Fantasy Grounds forums. I was so impressed at its functionality over e-tools (which I was stubbornly still using) that I bought 2 copies before realizing I could get a second licence, and went looking for other software by LWD to make my life easier. I downloaded Army Builder for minis games and looked at the promos for Realm Works because 50 dollars American is a big investment for me. I showed the promos to my wife who was just as impressed and bought me a copy for my once around the sun day, back in October. It has been 9 months and my wife complains that I spend all my time updating and tweaking and inputting one of the 15 Realms I have created, and I applied to the Grey Council.

My point is, I didn't back this program, I wish I had known because I'd have been an Alpha Wolf backer, just based on the programs current functionality. I didn't get the program based on what it might do, but rather on what it DOES do. When I got it, it didn't have Import/Export and I only made a couple of realms because I had to input each individually, but I bought it KNOWING it didn't have that function.

If you did back this program on KS, kudos. The program ALREADY does more than anything like it (is there even anything like it?) and is complex enough that unless you are one of the small few on here that REALLY get it, there is probably a TON of functions unused.

However, backing on KS does not ENTITLE you to ANYTHING!

When you back on KS, you are investing in the stock that is Realm Works. If the marketeer fails to deliver on time, the stock value drops. The stock that you invested in is now worth less. If the market crashes (The program flops and LWD pulls the plug), they owe you NOTHING! You took your chances with the market and you didn't get the return you wanted, but you DID get a return.

The fact is, with all the things this program comes with, including (currently) free backup service (I hesitate to use the word cloud), it is worth the money you invested, and if you invested too much money, too bad, live and learn, we all get taken by the market now and again and you still have a GREAT program.

The moral of my story is don't buy promises. If you buy based on speculations, you deserve what you get. You invest based on speculations, and never invest more than you are prepared to lose outright. If you buy, buy it for what it is not what it could be, or I have a few foals I can sell you at very high prices that MIGHT be prize winning race horses someday.

just my 2 cp

BTW, thanks LW Staff I know you are doing your best and are just as frustrated by these delays as we are.

Erin
ErinRigh is offline   #11 Reply With Quote