Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

EdSteiner

Old October 16th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glimfeather View Post
Thank You!
Your welcome
EdSteiner is offline   #101 Reply With Quote
Tiger Dave

Old October 25th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Adding shields to Rangers does not enable the 6)+ parry in WSv. Also happened to Thane General embedded in Longbeards with Shields but am unable to recreate this.
Tiger Dave is offline   #102 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old October 25th, 2014, 01:45 PM
No parry save BC rangers have great weapons.
EdSteiner is offline   #103 Reply With Quote
glimfeather

Old November 8th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Ed,

Just downloaded the 2.84 update. If you select a Runesmith as a General (while having a Thane as a BSB for example) you get an error message indicating that the general must be the highest Ld character. This didn't happen on previous / recent changes since the new book. There was some debate on this issue and I'm just wondering if you guys have changed your mind on this?
glimfeather is offline   #104 Reply With Quote
Caledor

Old November 9th, 2014, 08:46 AM
We're currently discussing the matter.

EDIT: it's going to be reverted to how it was before with 2.85.

Last edited by Caledor; November 9th, 2014 at 10:33 AM.
Caledor is offline   #105 Reply With Quote
ghstgry

Old February 16th, 2015, 07:50 PM
2.88 allows runes on Great Weapons. Can't do that...though I wish you could.

Pg. 59: Rule of Form: "Weapon runes can only be inscribed on weapons (always hand weapons)..."
ghstgry is offline   #106 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old February 17th, 2015, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghstgry View Post
2.88 allows runes on Great Weapons. Can't do that...though I wish you could.

Pg. 59: Rule of Form: "Weapon runes can only be inscribed on weapons (always hand weapons)..."
Nothing prohibits a model from having both a great weapon and a runic weapon. Example from 2.88 a dwarf lord is S4 so his line show S4+* for his stat line ok, now add that great weapon, it move to S4+*/6+* which is correct. Ok then add a runic weapon and you see it drops back to S4+*. So what is the issue, since again by rule that is correct as runic weapon over rides great weapon. Please review my comments and see if you follow my logic steps.
EdSteiner is offline   #107 Reply With Quote
ghstgry

Old February 17th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdSteiner View Post
Nothing prohibits a model from having both a great weapon and a runic weapon. Example from 2.88 a dwarf lord is S4 so his line show S4+* for his stat line ok, now add that great weapon, it move to S4+*/6+* which is correct. Ok then add a runic weapon and you see it drops back to S4+*. So what is the issue, since again by rule that is correct as runic weapon over rides great weapon. Please review my comments and see if you follow my logic steps.
I suppose there really isn't an issue if you know the rules. My concern is that someone will choose a GW and then throw a bunch of weapon runes on the character, thinking that they're pumping up a GW. And while I understand that the software explicitly removes the +2 Str for a GW from the model's stats, that player might argue that "the software is wrong", etc.

I'd ask to have the GW option greyed when runes have been applied, but I suppose there is that very minute chance that the character's runic weapon could be destroyed, thus forcing him to fall back on his other weapon(s). In that case, having a GW in addition to the runic HW would actually be valid.

I guess it seems potentially confusing as is. I leave it to your judgement on how to handle it.
ghstgry is offline   #108 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old February 17th, 2015, 11:55 AM
Maybe the "in play consideration "x"" like when a great weapon and shield are taken. Will tinker.
EdSteiner is offline   #109 Reply With Quote
ghstgry

Old February 17th, 2015, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdSteiner View Post
Maybe the "in play consideration "x"" like when a great weapon and shield are taken. Will tinker.
Some kind of warning next to the GW option might work. Not sure how you can do that though.
ghstgry is offline   #110 Reply With Quote