Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

bigwilly

Old July 4th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Hi All,

I have run into 2 issues with a file I am authoring:

1. I need to have an option show up for another option
I.e. You can select to have 1 or more Medium Strength main gun(s), for EACH main gun choice, you can select to add several options per gun (e.g. better ammo/sights etc).

2. In this system there are several options which cost 0.5 points. Army Builder auto rounds up to 1 point after you save. Is there a way to implement 0.5 point options?

Cheers,
Big Willy.
bigwilly is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
at0m

Old July 5th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Pretty sure Rounding is an option in ABCreator, but I'm not sure what effect it may have.
at0m is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 6th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwilly View Post
1. I need to have an option show up for another option
I.e. You can select to have 1 or more Medium Strength main gun(s), for EACH main gun choice, you can select to add several options per gun (e.g. better ammo/sights etc).
Have the first option attach a child item. Then you can assign additional options to that item. In other words, each "Medium Strength main gun" option would attach a child item that would be named the same. Each of the gun options (ammo, sights, etc.) would be linked as options to the item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwilly View Post
2. In this system there are several options which cost 0.5 points. Army Builder auto rounds up to 1 point after you save. Is there a way to implement 0.5 point options?
In the definition file, you can specify the default rounding accuracy. By default, it rounds to zero decimals, which is what most games need. You can easily switch it to have one decimal point. The attributes you want are named "decimals" and "rounding".
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 6th, 2010, 01:31 PM
We're also going to be making a change to AB3.3 so that AB picks a "sensible" number for points by default, instead of always rounding to a fixed value. That should help situations where most of your points are whole numbers, with a few options that are half a point each.
Colen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
bigwilly

Old July 7th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the help all! Greatly appreciated
bigwilly is offline   #5 Reply With Quote