Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Quintain

Old February 10th, 2019, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
It's already based on book/product?
Ah, wait..sorry, I downloaded the pack and checked control+k and it didn't change for me initially. Now that I re-started it, and checked it is different.

Carry on.

Quintain is offline   #671 Reply With Quote
Dachanto65

Old March 2nd, 2019, 09:47 AM
I know you guys are always working in your free time to keep this community pack awesome and up to date but is there an estimated completion date for MToF? I am really looking forward to incorporating a lot of those monsters into my encounter building.

Thank you for all the amazing work you guys do!
Dachanto65 is offline   #672 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old March 4th, 2019, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dachanto65 View Post
I know you guys are always working in your free time to keep this community pack awesome and up to date but is there an estimated completion date for MToF? I am really looking forward to incorporating a lot of those monsters into my encounter building.

Thank you for all the amazing work you guys do!
It's something I'd like to get to, but I don't know if anyone is actively working on them. Mergon's focused on WGtE and the Artificer, and I'm working on Ravnica. I think if I run out of steam on mine, I'll put some work into MToF.

If there's a particular monster or monsters you need, I could give them a shot.
Fenris447 is offline   #673 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old March 4th, 2019, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dachanto65 View Post
We need fresh volunteers. I'm focused on other projects for my personal games and don't have a need for anything new to be added to the Community Pack currently. If people need stuff then they should help out. It's at a stage where we have basically no active members. A few core people have put in a lot of hours to this and we have what we need from it. There will always be new content to add though so if people want that content then we need volunteers to step up and learn the tool.

The MToF monsters have had all of their frameworks complete. As in the monsters exist but they need to have special abilities added. It's not difficult work. We even documented the process.

https://github.com/Sklore/HL_DD_5e_Colab/wiki/Monster

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #674 Reply With Quote
Phenrom

Old March 4th, 2019, 01:24 PM
Hi Daplunk.

When you use the Herolab community pack how many Maneuvers are showing for Weapon Master fighters at 3rd level and is precision strike listed?
Phenrom is offline   #675 Reply With Quote
johnkzin

Old March 7th, 2019, 12:56 PM
First: thanks for all of the work you guys put into this!

Second: The "Theurgy" arcane tradition for Wizards (from Unearthed Arcana) doesn't work as it's supposed to.

Works: if you add ALL of your cleric domain spells to your spell book, you can then add any cleric spell to your spell book. It even correctly prevents you from adding the others until you've met the condition.

Broken: You can't prepare them. You can prepare the domain spells, but not the other cleric spells that might be in your spell book.

You shouldn't be required to prepare the domain spells first (that requirement only applies to learning the spells, not preparing them), but just in case I checked if it was mistakenly requiring that. Preparing the domain spells didn't help. So it's not as simple as "mistakenly requires you to prepare all of your domain spells before you can prepare non-domain cleric spells."

For example, my Theurge is of the Life domain. He wanted to learn (add to his spellbook) Guiding Bolt. Hero Lab is correctly now allowing him to learn/add Guiding bolt until after learning Bless and Cure Wounds. It doesn't even show Guiding Bolt (nor any other non-domain cleric spells) as an option to learn until after learning the others. But, when I want him to prepare the spells, Guiding Bolt isn't in the list of spells to prepare, no matter what I do.

Is this a community pack bug, or a hero lab bug?

Third: I think the INTENT of the rule is "you can learn other 1st level cleric spells after learning the 1st level domain spells, and learning the 2nd spell level / 3rd class level spells isn't required for learning other 1st level cleric spells". But it didn't show me the other 1st level cleric spells until after I learned ALL of the domain spells. (part of this might be based on creating this character at a higher level, I'm just saying: even with that in mind, I'm not sure if it's 100% correct that he couldn't learn Guiding Bolt until after he had learned ALL domain spells, instead of only needing to learn Bless and Cure Wounds). I could be wrong, but IMO the UA rule is vague about that. If I am worng, then it would mean the Theurge can't learn extra 1st level Cleric spells until they're 9th level. That seems like an odd requirement.
johnkzin is offline   #676 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old March 7th, 2019, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
First: thanks for all of the work you guys put into this!

Second: The "Theurgy" arcane tradition for Wizards (from Unearthed Arcana) doesn't work as it's supposed to.

<snip>

Is this a community pack bug, or a hero lab bug?
This is a community issue.

The if/then and bootstrap logic for that class gets way complex. The article is over a year old and since WotC doesn't clarify rules for Works in Progress, it's not likely anyone will want to tackle it over the other officially supported material that's been piling up on the community authors.

Additionally, the domains are hard-coded to that subclass so someone would need to go in and add the handful of new official domains to it anyway.
dungeonguru is offline   #677 Reply With Quote
Phenrom

Old March 15th, 2019, 03:25 AM
Are the UA Tieflings (ie Zariel) part of the community package?
Phenrom is offline   #678 Reply With Quote
Dachanto65

Old March 16th, 2019, 10:55 PM
I will read the thread again and see if I can tackle some of the special abilities. I'm not real proficient in the editor yet but I'm willing to give it a try.
Dachanto65 is offline   #679 Reply With Quote
dgagnon99

Old March 25th, 2019, 12:43 PM
I also have limited experience with HL editor, but would certainly like to help with MToF (already own source material). Might require some guidance and oversight in the beginning
dgagnon99 is offline   #680 Reply With Quote